- Job Summary
Under the general administrative direction of the Program Manager, the M&E/IT officer organizes a system of efficient ICT, data management and reporting system for program offices; provides technical support on IT infrastructure and systems set up within the program offices; supports the reporting systems of SRH/FP programs; leads and coordinates the Management Information Systems (MIS) of MSIE program channels in the program office and work closely with the support office R, M&E teams, ICT teams and Business Solution teams;
- Provides technical assistance on data management and reporting to all MSIE staff in the assigned areas;
- In collaboration with the R, M&E team monitors the progress of centers , social franchising, mobile unit, public facility support and social marketing activities against targets set by MSIE;
- Coordinates the implementation of electronic client-based Management Information System (MIS);
- Provides technical assistance to all clinics related to the MIS, hardware operations and systems;
- Manages the reporting and report distribution of monthly and quarterly reports and controls the data quality issue for the SRH/FP program of MSIE;
- Makes sure that all the program officers collect data on time
- Facilitates creation of enabling environment for data management and reporting for each level;
- Ensures the collection, compilation and sending quality data to the support office;
- Assists Research, M and E team in designing M & E activities;
- Compiles and reports monthly and quarter data and report to the appropriate offices like regional BoFED, Regional Health Bureau, zone and woreda health offices;
- Participates in program evaluations/assessments such as baseline and annual surveys, mid-term and final evaluations, and special studies and operations research;
- Conduct project monitoring and follow up of the program offices based the agreement signed with regional government and donor.
- Analyze program office performance like service provision, CYP, training, IEC/BCC, budget utilization etc. using MSIE business target.
- Ensure the data recording and reporting at each level, particularly at service providers level are in compliance with donors such as USAID M&E compliance
- Develop and maintain various data collection templates and databases as needed with the consultation of Support office M&E unit
- Follow donor procedures and conduct periodic DQA on project sites
- Incorporate data auditing parameter in the supportive supervision check list and enhance the involvement of non-RM&E staffs in field data auditing.
- Ensure proper use of data among MSIE staffs
- Ensure that new reformed HMIS system is implemented in all MSIE intervention areas
- Conduct supportive supervision to all MSIE channels in quarter basis
- In collaboration with the SO M&E team engaged in operational researches, baseline survey, program/ project evaluation as required
- Lead and document best practices at area office level
- With the consultation of R, M&E unit, Innovate data management systems that will helpful to MSIE RM&E systems
- Provides first line user support and maintenance or troubleshooting, installation and configuration of servers, PCs, Laptops, UPS, Printers, Scanners and other equipment;
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades hardware, software, networking components and monitors LAN and existing IT infrastructure & systems and takes appropriative corrective measures.
- Installs and tests software updates, antivirus and patch programs to support various applications and various desktop and laptop computers for area Office and centres;
- Ensures system security and performs or follows up critical data backup regularly for centres and area office of systems.
- Ensures effective communication system like email, data sharing portals etc are in place and administers and provides support for Health Management Information System. Provides on the job training to MSIE Area Office and Centre users to support the use of modern IT in the organization and ensures regional staff to effectively communicate with support office;
- Maintain updated IT equipment inventory and responsible for follow up and implementation of IT policies and procedures in the area Office
- Responsible for administering client/server-based network infrastructure and mission critical applications.
- Responsible for network management and administration including development and implementation of wiring/wireless configuration standards, connectivity solutions, overall network operating systems, server hardware administration/configurations, virtual server administration and management, network file systems, Active directory structure and LAN/WAN system integrity and security.
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of network hardware and software and data center management, data back up and disaster recovery for SRH and MCH centers
- Monitor system performance, maintain and troubleshoot system issues.
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure through Access control, back up and firewall systems
- Makes sure EHR system is operational 24/7 in all Centers.
- Conducts on-job EHR trainings for new providers and a refresher, as required.
- Act as a primary contact to identify user requirements and communicate to the Central EHR team for action.
- Ensure mobile phones of BlueStar Promoters, MIRA and DLA are operational
- Conducts other IT related assignments as required.
Person Specification :
- Qualification Requirements
BSc in IT, Computers science or BSc in Statics related fields
Four Years of Relevant Experience
- Skills, Attitudes, Attributes
- Sound knowledge on M&E system
- Strong data management skill and special knowledge and skill on MS-Excel and DBMS like SQL
- Strong analytical skill with ability to work Statistical Software packages like SPSS, EPI-Info, CSPRO,
- Good understanding of beneficiary tracking, methods for managing data quality assessment
- Proven experience on System/Network administration & Database Management (SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system security
- Experience on Windows server & workstation OS and SQL server backup and disaster recovery
- Experience on Mobile data collection apps
- Knowledge and understanding of the heath system and health information systems
- Ability to work in a team and own initiative
- Fluency in English (both oral and written skills)
- Ability to work effectively under stressful condition
Number of Position : (01)
Duty Station : MSIE Mekele Program Office, Mekele
Employment Type : Full Time
Salary : As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should go to Marie Stopes International – MSIE_Job_application_fillable_PDF_form and fill in all the required field and submit the form with your motivation letter, C.V and copy of your renewed Kebele ID or Passport, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email .
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.