This position is subject to grant award and funding
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide. In addition to TB control, KNCV is active in the field of Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and COVID-19 prevention and control.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Declared a public health emergency and pandemic in March 2021, the COVID-19 has since infected over 184 million people worldwide and caused nearly 4 million deaths so far. Critical gaps remain in various countries in terms of tools to better limit transmission and address treatment and care to avoid mortality due to COVID-19. While vaccinations have been available for over 6 months now, many countries are lagging in their vaccination efforts and access which makes equitable access to other commodities such as quality affordable diagnostics that can identify cases early as well as access to key commodities for care and treatment.
By accelerating access to diagnostic and therapeutic interventions within existing health systems leading to improved uptake of effective COVID-19 test and treatment solutions within health care systems it is anticipated that the public health and economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is reduced.
KNCV is currently recruiting a M&E Officer for a project focusing on enhancing accelerated access to diagnostics, care and treatment innovation for COVID-19 that will be implemented in up to five countries including Ethiopia.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
KNCV is looking for a M&E officer who will lead and provide oversight M&E related activities of the project, in close coordination with the project team. The M&E Officer will report directly to the Project Manager and will also maintain close communication and coordination to the KNCV M&E coordinator at KNCV Global.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate of monitoring and evaluation related activities of the project;
- Configure the general project M&E Guidance Manual to ensure seamless data collection in the country while taking local conditions into account;
- Provide technical support to national programs to review and update the existing recording and reporting tools of COVID 19;
- Ensure timely collection, compilation, analyses and report project related activities using standardized reporting formats;
- Support the introduction of a M&E data capturing system (E.g. Redcap);
- Training of health care staffs and data clerks on site with regards to M&E data capture procedures and management;
- Support the data extraction of project relevant routine TB surveillance data at the target and sentinel sites;
- Train, supervise, and oversee collection and entry of enhanced M&E data from sentinel sites and ensure proper capture into the M&E data capture system;
- Provide adequate support to the preparation of work plans/selection of indicators and annual implementation plans with a view towards meeting the M&E requirements of the project;
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the data collection and management system and propose solutions;
- Support data compilation and preparation of quarterly progress reports, the annual project report, and ad-hoc technical reports as required by KNCV and/or the broader project team, in line with the required formats;
- Support the compilation of the project information on lessons learned and success stories;
- Ensure the data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Coordinate activities with and report progress to the Project Manager in country and the M&E Coordinator at KNCV global, on a weekly basis;
- Assist the project team on decision-making on resource allocation based on the priorities and performance of the project;
- Assist the Research Officer in planning, implementation and monitoring of program related Operational Research activities;
- Undertake other activities as assigned by the Project Manager and Country Representative.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract until August 31, 2022;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Who are we looking for?
- M&E consultant with a masters’ degree in public health, epidemiology or other relevant additional education.
- In depth knowledge and at least 5 years of post-qualification experience in M&E;
- Experience with the management of patient-level data;
- Hands-on experience in disease surveillance or study data collection is an advantage;
- Up to date knowledge of COVID-19 diagnosis and care;
- Knowledge of relevant software applications, e.g. Excel, MS Access, REDCap, Epi-info;
- Experience in project/program management, desired.
- Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with partners at all levels (ministry, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community-based organizations);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language;
- Country national preferable, conversant in the local language;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work in a national and international team.
How to Apply
Application and information
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ethiopia. You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the link: www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies before 23 August 2021. If you have any questions on the position, please feel free to contact (+251) 116 63 01 46. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org .
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applications that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.