The MEAL officer will be responsible for the development/ implementation of program-wide M&E activities at Office level. He/she is expected to ensure all aspects of program data – from data collection to result reporting are of high quality, implement MEL specific activities, ensure program compliance and provide technical support in M & E issue across all program staff at the area office and zonal level
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Overall project planning and implementation :
- Support thematic staff to prepare annual work plan, integrate nutrition activities in to woreda sector plans
- Compile and submit detailed monthly and quarterly work plan to regional office;
- Prepare and timely submit MEL specific activity plan
- Actively engage on periodic re-planning and reprogramming of activities.
- Review project work plans and notify major deviations to senior project manager for timely action
- Ensure timely implementation and effectiveness of INSPIRE related review meetings at zonal and woreda level
- Provide MEAL training to relevant local stakeholders as required.
- Provides technical support to zonal team in project activity monitoring, data organization and utilization and report writing
- Work closely with other project and departments to ensure coordination among partners, SCI nutrition emergencies and other projects to ensure quality of project implementation and timely completion of the activities.
- Ensure the integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment, a rigorous learning agenda, sustainable approaches, and most importantly convergence/overlay of multi-sector nutrition interventions (e.g. agriculture, livelihoods, health, humanitarian assistance) in the same geographic areas
- Conduct quarterly quality bench mark/QMB assessment
- Ensure the established accountability mechnizemes are well functioning and collect and report CFRM on quarter base
- Undertake additional tasks as given by the immediate supervisor
Monitoring and evaluation :
- Coordinate and facilitate research’s/assessments (Base-line, mid-term and end –line) activities of the project that will be conducted in the region
- Actively participate in INSPIRE related regular and periodic assessments
- Facilitate timely and regular programme monitoring in collaboration with thematic coordinators and Program Manager.
- Coordinate and lead all supportive supervisions, site visits, documentations of trainings, zonal level review meetings, preparation of case studies, and make sure that these INSPIRE activities are well documented and track-able in collaboration with other projects
- Timely review project reports and provide constructive feedbacks to zonal and woreda teams
- Identify and inform new developments in INSPIRE program staff
- Undertake regular visits to the field and health and other facilities to support monitoring processes, spot check data collection, data quality using improved monitoring tools, and reporting on programme progress
- Actively participate in regular project review meetings to assess progress;
- Keep on track the performance of the project’s activities according to the zonal plan and inform the project coordinators if there are deviations from the plan
- Develop and disseminate data collection tools for Woreda health and nutrition Officers, agriculture offices and health facilities for electronic database system consumption and ensure their timely submission.
- Ensure that project data are timely collected, entered to databased and used for quarterly, biannual and annual reporting
- Support coordination and harmonization of partners and regional project activities, targets and indicators
Documentation, learning and reporting:
- Support and take initiatives in supporting Woreda Health Offices’ HMIS officers and others in use of data for decision making, simple analysis techniques using MS Excel and other public domain software
- Coordinate, prepare, and consolidate all reporting (monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual) activities of the region in collaboration with zonal l thematic coordinators, Program Manager and others as needed,
- Ensure timely submission of all project training reports, health center and health post aggregate reports, livelihood reports and oversee their entry in to electronic database software.
- Timely submit review meeting proceedings and field travel reports to the office for documentation;
- Share bi-weekly and monthly updates with project team to the PM; prepares monthly and quarterly project progress reports and submits to the concerned bodies in timely fashion
- Identify and collect potential success stories and best practices relating to INSPIRE and other projects in the FO for documentation on regular basis
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
How to Apply
Please Qualified candidate send your application and CV to the following link.