ROLE PURPOSE: ROLE PURPOSE:
The position holder will be the main focal point and the go-to person for GPE/ school feeding program and other
emergency projects’ data processing and related information. Based in Robe, s/he will maintain the data
base backups, produce reports, share information to central team, project team and follow guidance for
data coders/sources. S/he will be responsible for the overall data quality assessment and provide regular
feedback to hub MEAL manager and field staff.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) officer is responsible to provide essential contaction at Save the Children program in Bale field offices for the program activities. She/he will be in charge of the planning, implementing, documenting, analysing and reporting MEAL activities and events of the project. The MEAL Coordinator is responsible for donor requirement, SC MEAL Framework and specific programmatic approaches. S/he will ensure & strengthen that strong MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the programs is of high quality to accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
The position holder will be responsible for coordinating the MEAL activities of integrated health and nutrition projects in Woredas of Bale zone, Oromia region. S/He will ensure all data related to the projects are entered and analysed to inform and guide project implementation.
The position holder will be responsible for coordinating the MEAL activities by preparing ToR for qualitative and quantitative studies, utilises different tools, software and approaches for effective data and knowledge management, adapts design methodologies to meet specific objectives and context to be fit for purpose, uses available standards and processes to ensure appropriate ethical practice and data quality during data collection and interprets findings from data and draws appropriate conclusions for decision-making. Additionally, the position holder shows an understanding of accountability standards and guidance in own work, Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of safe Feedback and Reporting Mechanisms, database management and quality assurance, acts to close the feedback loop with communities to promote transparency and accountability.
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
- BSc/BA/ MSc/MA degree in an area of public health, statistics, economics, social development or equivalent
- BSc/BA/ MSc/MA degree in an area of public health, statistics, economics, social development or equivalent.
- Recommended a minimum of five years, among these three years NGO experience in a MEA role in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the following priority sectors: health and nutrition, and emergencies
- Good leadership, coordination and management experience.
- Knowledge of latest health related technical guidelines and standards in emergency nutrition, health and WASH.
- Experience in community based management of malnutrition (CMAM) and primary health care (PHC).
- Good knowledge on indicator performance tracking (IPTT) and output tracker (OT)
- Monitor quality implementation program based on woreda quality bench mark tools
- Demonstrated ability for leadership and independent decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills & excellent team player.
- Willingness and ability to work in hardship environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Cultural and gender sensitivity
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Afan Oromo (advantageous)
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en