Position is responsible for measuring, recording, counselling and follow-up of the CMAM beneficiaries referred to the OTP/SFP sites following the initial screening exercise in an outreach program. This position closely works with the outreach teams (HEWs, SCI teams, partners, HDAs, etc) to develop and maintain a smooth referral system. The objectives are – Beneficiary anthropometric measurement and record keeping, Handling of anthropometric tools and reporting and Network and coordinate with the relevant sectors .
SCOPE OF ROLE: Measurer/Registrar (Five)
Reports to: TSFP Officer
Dimensions: Save the Children works in Ethiopia with a current staff complement of approximately 2500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $100+ million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
In line with SCI’s dual mandate, these key areas of accountability apply to Save the Children in Ethiopia’s work in emergencies (acute and chronic) and in development settings.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Conduct quality anthropometric measures at the OTP/SFP sites on the referral beneficiaries following the initial screening exercise while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
- Compile, organize and maintain accurate records of beneficiaries referred to the OTP/SFP sites by documenting all the essential information in a hard-copy according to the standard OTP/SFP recording format and standards of the SCI.
- Keep the record of the beneficiaries in an organized system.
- Problem solve of beneficiaries’ complaint related to records and admission criteria.
- To counsel all the discharged patients for further follow ups through Health development armies (HDAs & HEWs).
- Work with the outreach teams to develop and maintain a referral system at community level. Engage HFs referring malnourished children and pregnant and lactating women special attention to the basic health units.
- Provide feedback on the status of the supplies to the OTP/SFP nurses/ other related staffs.
- Assist the OTP/SC Nurse in providing Woreda and HFs staffs with technical support in convening meetings and answering questions on topics relevant to the project.
- Collaborate with the Woreda and HFs staffs at the health centres & HPs for the day-to-day implementation of the OTP/SFP/SC services by developing new measures and/or maintain existing measures as directed.
- Produce and write all related quantitative and qualitative reports to the concerned CMAM and IYCF staffs of SCI. Assist in the preparation of reports about the admission, discharge, defaulter, absent, etc throughout the project cycle.
- Check the condition of anthropometric materials received or to be sent, and verify the accuracy of any previously inventory of the tools
- Responsible for proper handling of weighing and measuring equipment’s.
- Ensure scales are properly calibrated at all times and report defects, damage or loss of equipment to the OTP/SC/SFP nurses.
- Perform other duties as required
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Diploma holder with 2 years’ previous experience with the same post
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to screening sites
- Good spoken and written English and Afan Oromo (Mandatory)
- Experience in Nutrition and related projects
- Previous experience of anthropometric measurement skills is advantageous.
- Filing and ability to work in a Windows based computer environment filing are desired traits.
- We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.