- Company: FHI360
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning Director, Eliminate Tuberculosis in Ethiopia (ETBE)
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director
Description: The MEL Director will oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning components of a potential USAID project in Ethiopia focused on focused on addressing critical gaps in the provision of comprehensive tuberculosis (TB) services in Ethiopia. S/he leads the development of and manages the MEL Plan. The MEL Director develops and maintains systems to collect data and leads analysis to produce information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program. S/he collaborates with and oversees sub-grantees to provide feedback on data collection and indicators; analyzes data reported from sub-grantees and supports training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods. S/he collaborates with the program team to design operations research (OR) to support learning, evaluation and planning, and oversees the implementation of OR projects as well as analysis, dissemination, and use. She/he shares MEL data and improvement plans, as well as strategies for program improvements for greater program effects with program team. It is anticipated that the position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
· Designs and oversees the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project
· Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research
· Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components
· Work closely with the heads of projects to co-design monitoring tools, selecting indicators, and determining field monitoring responsibilities. Works to ensure tool compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements
· Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements
· Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems
· Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation
· Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting
· Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Federal Government of the Democratic Republic of Ethiopia counterparts and other key stakeholders
Required Qualifications :
· Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, social science, economics, or relevant discipline. Significant study in the health field, international development and/or program monitoring and evaluation
· At least 5 years of experience related to monitoring, evaluating and reporting on programs related to Tuberculosis and/or HIV/AIDS in high-burden, resource-constrained settings
· Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects
· Strong background or formal training in evaluating international development programs such as but not limited to, Tuberculosis and/or HIV/AIDS
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
· Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
· Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas)
· Fluency in English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application & updated CV through HREthiopia@fhi360.org before/on May 20/2019
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please make sure you write the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so will lead to application disqualify.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.