The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the Mobile Health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of the screening, OTP, consultation, outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health as per the guideline of Somali RHB mobile health and Nutrition teams. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/He will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job-specific roles and responsibilities
- Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services
- Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
- Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the woreda health bureaus
- Strengthening of early referrals mechanism in the Health facilities,
- Ensure pregnant and lactating mothers receive appropriate care and services in the Outreach and health facilities.
- Promote counseling of mothers on early initiation of Breast feeding and continue up to 2 years of age.
- Ensure all essential actions are put in place for sick and healthy babies in the outreach sites.
- Establish Mother to mother support groups in the outreach sites and provide one to one counseling.
- Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
- The health and nutrition Midwifery Nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
- Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
- Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
- Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
- Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements – Plumpy'nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
- Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
Technical Support role
- Support communities to increase their knowledge and skills through training, exposure and joint actions
- Strengthen community self-mobilization through their leaders for participation in their planning, implementation and monitoring of activities
- Share latest development ideas and appropriate technologies to community members/groups
- Share information on support and cooperation opportunities with communities and other stakeholders
- Use a variety of extension methods, which are suited to the situation, and build the capacities (knowledge, and skills) of communities
- Promote constructive customary mechanisms and institution building with in communities
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BSc/College Diploma in Midwifery and/or other health related fields.
- At least Four years working experience in the field out of which two years NGO experience in related field
- Experienced in Midwifery and health program implementation –data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers, etc.
- Good written and spoken ability of the local language
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- The position holder must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and Relations to his team members.
- The position holder must have an ability that he can manage when it comes to reach hard decisions to across the barrier.
- The position holder should have a good interrelation ship with others and must now local language (Somali)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Kalafo & Mustahil Woredas of Shabelle Zone Somali Regional State in Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the
on or before 18 Sept, 2020