- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Natural Science Jobs in EthiopiaTechnical Jobs in Ethiopia
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Facilitate mobile health and nutrition activities through sample specimen collection like; blood drawing of patients for laboratory investigations.
- Provide different sample testing like; blood, stool, urine for adult and under 5 years children.
- Facilitate essential reagents, supplies and diagnostic products for the team and the targeted health facilities(when applicable).
- work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center, hospital and district level.
- Maintain appropriate utilization and maintain of laboratory equipment.
- Uses correct methods for handling specimens.
- Apply manual and automated testing procedures.
- Cleaning and sterilizing lab area and tools.
- regulate/caliber laboratory instrument to ensure and maintain quality services.
- Investigation and interpretation on of collected samples.
- ensure accurate records and reporting of data and reporting lab results
- Work closely as team with mobile health and nutrition teams and governmental health staffs in operational health facilities.
- ensure application of national laboratory protocol through out laboratory investigation.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of Lab investigations.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities.
- Provide technical assistance for MHNT and governmental health health staffs.
- Participate in capacity building training and health education sessions.
- Work any tasks assigned by the line manager and the organization.
- Diploma/ Bachelor in medical laboratory.
- · Minimum three years working experience. Experience for NGOs is advantage.
- · Experience in clinical setups is mandatory.
- Solid technical skill on laboratory sample collection, sample testing and interpretation.
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Local language.
- Good human relation skills.
- Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours