- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of mobile health and Nutrition activities, site selection and prepare weekly movement plan.
- Provide basic health and nutrition services including community ANC, FP IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per MOH Mobile health and nutrition guideline
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products for the team and the selected health facilities
- Facilitate training and work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health centre and hospital and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of ANC, FP & EPI, health education and consultations.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plumpnut and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy and submit to Woreda Project officers.
- Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
- Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
- Work any tasks assigned by the line manager and the organization.
- Diploma/ Bachelor in Midwifery.
- Minimum three years working experience of which two years in MCH programe
- Experience in clinical setups is mandatory particularly Maternal and child health areas
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of FP, Reproductive health and IMNCI/ICCM.
- Solid technical skill on case management of childhood and adult illness, safe motherhood
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Local language.
- Good human relation skills.
- Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours