INTRODUCTION: Medical Teams International is a Christian humanitarian relief agency focused on providing life-saving medical care for people in crisis. We serve all people—regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race.
Our calling is Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Medical Team International looking for qualified applicant for the following position:
To provide quality health care services, especially related to SRH, delivery, MCH, Antenatal and post-natal care, for Internally displaced peoples and host community in Afar region , Ethiopia.
Medical / Technical
- Responsible for providing Sexual Reproductive Health services including antenatal care, postnatal care, safe deliveries, treatment for STIs, case management of rape, and family planning
- Follow infection, prevention, and control protocols through maintaining good hand hygiene and appropriately using personal protective equipment
- Prescribe medications based on guidelines and instruct patients on correct usage
- Provide appropriate referrals to the relevant referral sites in a timely fashion without delays
- Monitor availability of medications and medical supplies and alert the MHNT Team Lead in-charge for any gaps or low stock levels
- Assess and support women in the Infant and Young Child feeding in coordination with the nutrition team
- Counsel and support women in re-lactation and other breastfeeding activities in coordination with the nutrition team
- Keep and maintain records of all SRH services as required by the MOH and WHO
- Support women in caring for their children after birth, especially those experiencing stress
- Liaise with health and hygiene promotion team in relation to health messages and reporting from the community
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Support the Medical Doctor with reporting and other duties as needed
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context of North Gonder, Ethiopia
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area that ensures privacy and comfort for the patients
- Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health
- Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
- Ensure patient confidentiality – patient information, medical histories, and issues should be kept confidential and private. Do not discuss with others outside of the need for additional medical care or referrals
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic
- Support other staff and colleagues to maintain good infection control practices to prevent spread of illnesses within the clinic and among the staff
- Support other areas of the clinic as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of care to all
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste and sharps appropriately
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Required Number: Four(4)
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTFICATION
- Minimum of Diploma in Clinical Nurse and renewed Professional licence certification as Community Midwife
- 1 year of professional experience after qualification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of development & humanitarian issues and concepts
- Fluent spoken and written in Amharic and English.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Negotiation and representation skills
- Analytical and problem solving Computer literate, able to work efficiently in Microsoft office on standard or mobile platforms.
- Humanitarian motivation
- Emotionally and spiritually mature
- Team player – practical, desire to support the field teams.
- Willingness to pitch in and get the job done
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to build new relationships and gain people’s trust quickly
- Integrity in representing Medical Teams Willing to travel to insecure environments
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to embrace and promote MTI’s mission and vision
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should apply to Medical Teams International Ethiopia email address [email protected]
Note: Use "Midwife-Afar" as the subject line of your email !
All applications must be submitted on or before 1 April 2022.
All applications must include a CV and copies of all applicable educational and work experience documents to be considered valid. Applicants called for an interview will be required to produce the original and legally valid copies of all documents.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.