Job specific roles and responsibilities
- Facilitates the trainings under this project
- Make sure you regularly do ANC Delivery and new borne care, postnatal care, provision of water treatment and hygiene promotion
- Makes sure that all the mother receives health Education on FP, safe Delivery, immunization
- Giving care to the new born babies
- Giving medication and other essential nutrition to the children which are in the program
- Reports any problems in a timely manner to the Health Officer
- Coaches and supervises every delivery, immunization, health education
- Upholds the image and values of SC at all times,
- Performs other related tasks as required and tasks assigned by the organization.
· Perform any other activities based on Line manager’s assignment
· The staff should do all the responsibilities assign by the organization
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
· Diploma or Degree in Nursing and midwifery.
· Minimum four years working experience for BSC and six years’ experience for Diploma holders out of which two-year experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition particularly Midwifery
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Knowledge, training and experience in Mobile Health and Nutrition and community mobilization/BCC
· Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
· Proficiency in spoken and written Amharic, English and Local language.
· Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
Scope & complexity of decision making ( choose the appropriate description and delete the rest)
PERCENTAGE OF TRAVEL (Out of duty station if applicable) .
COMPETENCIES ( Choose the competency appropriate for the role and delete the other. 3-5 competency should be enough)
SC Values are: Accountability , Ambition , Collaboration , Creativity and Integrity . To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases ( this varies according to the position please consider the below as example)
· Leading ( align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrate leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compiling vision to inspire to achieve our goals for children
Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
Developing Self and Others : Invest time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential and to build the organization capability for the further.
· Thinking ( align with Ambition, creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
Problem solving and decision making : Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
Innovating and Adapting : Develop and implement innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in an ever-changing uncertain work and global environment.
A pplyin g technical and professional expertise : Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation..
· Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity,
Networking : Builds and use sustainable relationship to support the work of save the children
Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.