Médecins du Monde is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response. MEDECINS DU MONDE FRANCE (MDM) invites qualified candidates, to apply for the following Position:
The Midwife will be responsible for the implementation of Basic Emergency Obstetric and New Born Care (BEmONC) services and MCH strengthening of Udeyla/Gubidora Health Centre (HC) in Yalo Woreda.
Essential duties and responsibilities.
- Support the management of obstetric emergencies and complications and timely referral at Udeyla/Gubidora HC.
- Mentor and coach health staff on seven signal functions of BEmONC.
- Conduct need assessment of the MCH + Family Planning department to identify gaps in equipment, drugs and supplies;
- Conduct training assessment needs and develop a training plan;
- Ensure that practices are aligned with evidence-based clinical practice in line with the national guidelines and protocols;
- Provide compassionate and respectful care at the HC;
- Demonstrate behavior that upholds the public trust in the service.
- Maintain confidentiality for survivors of SGBV and ensure follow up on the referral pathway
- Compile monthly project activity report and submit to the health project coordinator;
- Ensure recordings and completeness of data related to MCH services at Udeyla/Gubidora Health Centres;
- Conduct immediate analysis and reporting on maternal and neonatal deaths.
- Identify clients requiring referral to CEmONC hospital and communicate timely with the facility in-charge/Health officer
- Track referrals and report on outcomes to health program coordinator
- Reported to:
- The Midwife will be under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator based in Yalo, Afar Regional State. For technical advice, s/he will consult with the Field Coordinator and Dep MedCo.
Mentoring and coaching :
- Conduct needs assessment of the HC regarding equipment, drugs and supplies;
- In close collaboration with the HC Head and Pharmacist, work on adequate pharmacy management system to ensure that the drugs provided by the Project are appropriately stored and managed;
- Support the implementation of infection and prevention control;
- Mentor and coach health staff of the HC on seven signal functions of BEmONC/use of partograph and other MCH+ FP good practices and plan/deliver quality training and follow up;
- Implement standards and protocols for MCH plus Family planning services in Udeyla/Gubidora HC;
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Introduce a partograph register for follow up
- Submit monthly referral outcome report
- Participate in Woreda maternal mortality audit and share report
- Prepare a monthly report, including on drug/consumables consumption and submit to Project coordinator.
Duty station: Ethiopia, Afar region, Yalo field Office with regular movements to the field / kelewan
Employment Term: 5 months with possibility of extension, start immediately.
Basic Salary: 37,440.00 ETB
Transportation Allowance: 1,300.00 ETB
Hard ship Allowance -30% of Basic Salary / 11,232.00 ETB
Lunch allowance – 2,860.00 ETB/ Taxable
Medical Coverage – 94,000.00 ETB/Year for employee and employee family / husband, wife and Children’s
- BA Degree in BSc midwifery & related areas
- BSc /Diploma midwifery
- At least 3 years’ experience of BEmONC/MCH in the clinical setting
Skills and qualities required
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory (speaking and writing) good knowledge of Afar language is required and knowledge of Amharic language will be an asset
- Working knowledge of MISP
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Good organizational skills in day to day and crisis situation
- Excellent computer and reporting skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to classify and manage priorities - High autonomous is required
- Interest and ability to work in a team
- Capacity to work and to live remote area with intense conditions and limited resources
- Experience in donor funded project is a plus
- Experience/knowledge of the area
- Working knowledge of IPC, BEmONC and Nutrition
- Previous experience in mentoring and coaching
- Previous experience and/training in BEmONC is an added advantage
- Trained on compassionate and respectful care
- INGO work experience is plus
- English: Fluent
- Amharic: Fluent
- Afar : is an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form at the following link https://forms.gle/RqcG1fpQtnsqLvy36 Note: All the information that provided in this form is true and accurate) and submit their CV with cover letter through [email protected] with the subject Midwife
Female candidates are encouraged