KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of mobile health and Nutrition activities, site selection and prepare weekly movement plan.
- Provide basic health and nutrition services including community ANC, FP IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per Somali RHB Mobile health and nutrition guideline
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products for the team and the selected health facilities
- Facilitate training and work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of ANC, FP & EPI, health education and consultations.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plumpnut and drug stock control balance form).
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy and submit to Woreda Project officers.
- Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
- Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
SC Values are: Accountability , Ambition , Collaboration , Creativity and Integrity . To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases:
Leading ( align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
· Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrate leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compiling vision to inspire to achieve our goals for children
· Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
· Developing Self and Others : Invest time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realize their full potential and to build the organization capability for the further.
Thinking ( align with Ambition, creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
· Problem solving and decision making : Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity,
· Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and certifications:
- Diploma/ Bachelor in Midwifery.
- Minimum three years working experience of which two years in MCH programme
- Experience in clinical setups is mandatory particularly Maternal and child health areas
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of FP, Reproductive health and IMNCI/ICCM.
- Solid technical skill on case management of childhood and adult illness, safe motherhood
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Local language.
- Good human relation skills.
- Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers .
All applications should be received on or before 18-Dec-2020