Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #078/2020
Energising Development (EnDev)
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian Government and other international donors.
Energising Development Ethiopia (EnDev) Ethiopia (being implemented by GIZ) supports a sustainable supply of energy services to lower-income households, social institutions and small to medium sized enterprises with a focus on rural areas. EnDev is a multi-donor and multi-implementer energy access partnership. It is currently financed by six donor countries – the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Sweden. Being part of the global programme, EnDev Ethiopia receives additional co-funding from Ireland, the Korea Foundation for International Healthcare and the European Union.
- Ensures quality of interventions implemented and results measured as per developed EnDev Ethiopia monitoring tools;
- Contributes to quality information collected and used in strategy formulation, designing and implementation of interventions
- Assists Monitoring and Evaluation coordinator in generating various data useful for further analysis;
- Conducts required field visits to ensure proper implementation of activities
- Supports in setting the necessary program milestone processes and preparation of needed outputs closely discussing with immediate superior;
- Supports the monitoring and Evaluation coordinator with information to steer intervention and assessments;
- Review and analyse plans and communicate results;
- Follow up, monitor and report qualitative reports of EnDev Ethiopia each component;
- Assist and support the M&E coordinator in the preparation, planning, and implementation of the EnDev Ethiopia M&E plan and Strategy.
- Give support on the organization of M&E capacity building activities (training, dialogue, formats);
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for the project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting;
- Develops and update formats for collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Adapts and implements tools and techniques to improve data quality and use for further decision making;
- Work with other members of the team (data collectors and data clerks) to define processes for data collection, review, reporting, and management
- Ensure quality assurance on quantitative data and reports;
- Assists all sections and regional offices in providing them with inputs for higher decision making;
- On a semi-annual basis, compile and consolidate monitoring reports in coordination with data clerks, analyse results to produce reports for donors’ submission.
- Maintains internal database tools and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of EnDev Ethiopia access categories.
Technical implementation processes
- Tracks EnDev Ethiopia program/project achievement of milestones/indicators, through a consultative process, and report to Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator.
- Consults and collaborates with key points of expertise over monitoring and evaluation, data towards the delivery of key EnDev Ethiopia program/project strategies.
- Carries out the timely processing and dissemination of M&E findings and best practices to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning, and program decision-making.
Prepares and submits technical reports on time to donors and stakeholders according to agreed standards.
Cooperation and coordination processes
- Maintains field visits to the regions in accordance with the requirements of the project.
Management and Coordination
- Contribute to the implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and documentation of project progress.
- Regular follow-ups on regional engagements such as training, events, dissemination of promotional materials, frequency of data verification, coaching, visits, etc.
- Supports quality monitoring exercises, evaluation, and communication by closely working with immediate superior
- Compiles relevant information for collaborative activities and miss
- Contributes to the design, storing, processing and dissemination of information and knowledge products.
- Develops, documents and disseminates project milestones and deliverables,
- Collects and report results/achievement of milestones and deliverables, and its effects on the project.
- Represents the interests and always acts on behalf of the GIZ EnDev Ethiopia program.
- Carries out tasks relevant to the project/program which may not be explicitly mentioned in the job description.
- Carries out tasks relevant for EnDev Ethiopia and another donors’ project/program which may not be explicitly mentioned in the JD.
Other Duties / Additional Tasks
- Supports EnDev Ethiopia Monitoring and Evaluation activities as per the agreed plan.
- Coordinates the use of office and transport facilities in accordance with the agreement on the use of facilities.
Assists and/or carries out other project activities and any other tasks as assigned.
Required qualifications, experiences and competences:
Master’s qualification in a relevant discipline, social sciences, statistics; A qualification in the area of monitoring and evaluation is highly desirable.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience, with substantive experience working in the area of learning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with / proficiency in the analysis, management and synthesis of varied quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience in working with Results-Based Monitoring for development results
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal skills in English, with additional local knowledge, is an advantage;
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to forge consensus and collaboration;
- Strong IT and Knowledge Management skills, particularly database-related
- Experience in commissioning consultancies, studies or research overseeing all stages from design, procurement and management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email : [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘078/2020 ”in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.