- Company: NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: – shireTigray Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Role and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Provide inputs during project design, proposal discussions, Macro log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support the implementation of a data management system that would standardize the M&E information flow and reporting.
- Develop data collection methods and tools to support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
- Provide inputs to program for comprehensive knowledge management including result tracking, documentation of case studies/ human interest stories and lessons learned and sharing with all the relevant bodies for incorporation in future project designs.
- Ensure that a beneficiary accountability mechanism is in place and utilized.
- Ensure documentation systems are in place and utilized for safeguarding documents on physical and digital archives and maintain confidentiality of the data.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Design/revise the area office M+E framework and policy, build staff structure and allocate resources to strengthen M&E.
- Support the Area Manager, Area Program Manager and M&E Manager in advocating for M+E support from donors, partners, and CO staff to ensure M+E remains a high priority in the country program
- Provide inputs on recruitment of M&E and related staff and build M&E capacities of program and M&E staff.
- Serve as primary contact for M&E related issues and other support efforts.
- Coordinate with M+E focal points in the country office and other country in developing best practices and sharing lessons learned.
- Support the Programme Department on new initiatives.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the Area Manager and M&E Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant experience preferably within the humanitarian field.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring.
- Documented results related to position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, will be an added advantage
- Experience on digital data gathering will be an added advantage
- Graduate degree in M&E, Health Informatics, Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences, Information Systems Management, Operations Research and related fields.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances
- Ability to engage and motivate staff in a challenging program area
- Good coordination skills
- Goal oriented and visionary
- Patient, flexible and creative