- Company: Population Services International (PSI)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a dynamic and result oriented Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator who will be responsible for data quality, coordination of data entry and reporting M&E data within the designated area or corridor to the Head Office.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator also provides basic M&E related training, capacity-building technical support to Adolescents 360 field staff (Adolescent Health Officers & Smart Start Navigators) and other concerned government staff at regional & woreda level. Further, S/he implements data quality assurance systems to ensure timely and accurate collection of quantitative and qualitative programmatic data from the site or facility level. S/he is responsible for cascading the implementation of all PSI/E M&E systems and procedures to the regional level including manuals and procedures. Coordinate the program M&E activities, including data collection, supportive supervision, and regular data quality assessments as well as timely reporting for evidence-based decision making and supporting diagnostics of Regional Program performance data. S/he will contribute to the monitoring and evaluation functions related to tracking project progress and quality, collecting useful, timely and actionable information for managers and decision-makers, and add to the regular review, reflection and key learning process to improve performance. The M&E Coordinator will work closely with national Adolescents 360 Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor and with the M&E team, in general, to develop, initiate and document M&E plans and develop the data management systems. S/he will assist in developing, review and learning processes (e.g. complaints mechanisms, feedback loops, lessons learned documentation and sharing, etc.) ensure that systems and people are in place to ensure proper management of these functions and responsibilities.
S/he works closely with the government partners, who are involved in the program implementation in order to ensure a coherent and comprehensive program is implemented, lessons are learned, and experiences are shared across the various sectors and program teams.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Enhance monitoring of program outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on program impact and promote and ensure the use of data for decision-making processes.
- Develop and adapt weekly and monthly quantitative and qualitative reporting tools and provide support to Adolescents Health Officers.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites with different stakeholders for monitoring and follow-up.
- Provide regular updates and analysis of data to the Field Program Advisor and M&E Manager and their team to assess progress and suggest adaptations of the project
- Respond to donor queries on metrics reached and other quantitative indicators
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and utilization of information.
- Work with Program teams to integrate M&E into ongoing program planning and implementation systems and ensure adherence to PSI M&E minimum standards;
- Contribute to the understanding of and support for mobile data collection hardware and software;
- Develop a monitoring plan for the Adolescents 360 program and conduct regular monitoring visits to sites.
- Develop and manage program databases to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, etc.
- Carryout all regular programmatic data collection, data cleaning, data compilation, and data submission to the Area Program Manager and MEL Advisor at Head Office.
- Ensure timely submission of data by Adolescent Health Officers from Woreda.
- Support the deployment and correct utilization of innovative electronic data capture systems and protocols.
- Lead all programmatic data archiving and filing for PSI/E at the regional level.
- Support PSI/E regional staff, regional GoE structures and business partners with supportive supervision of data collection and data compilation activities.
- Support the planning and execution of cross-functional supportive supervision and data quality audits among all partners within the region/corridor.
- Provide Adolescents 360 regional staff and partners with routine data analysis and feedback.
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
1. Analysis of data and Reporting
- Support program teams in data collection and data analysis.
- Coordinate with program teams to review indicator updates on a monthly basis. Generate data reports (tables/graphs/reports) from the program databases at regular intervals, ensuring reports/information are available for program implementation staff as required.
- Ability to transform data collected from the field into knowledge that translates into actions.
- Review or edit data in reports as requested and required.
- Produce analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives and appealing visuals, as requested, to fulfil internal and external reporting requirements.
2. Capacity Building
- Build the capacity of all relevant regional program team to maintain a robust M&E system at the Regional level and the capacity of local government partners in the area of M&E and reporting.
- Provide training, capacity building and technical support to Adolescent Health Officers & Smart Start Navigators & Government partners on data quality management and recordings.
- BSc/BA in Public Health, Statistics, Population Studies, Economics or related field
- 4 years of experience in relevant work
- Computer application skills and familiarity with DHIS2 system is preferred
- Experience in conducting trainings on M&E systems and procedures
What would get us excited?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local languages
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Experience in technical project implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit
- Willingness to travel up to 50% time away from regional office
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “ Application for Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator- Jig Jiga Position ” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline May 24, 2019 . We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.