KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management and Leadership
· Provide overall supervision and leadership on the MEAL functions and strategy delivery at Field office level
· Prove supervision, mentorship and professional development to MEAL staffs in the field office so that staffs have the required capacity and enthusiasm to undertake their responsibilities
· Provide oversight of MEAL budget and ensure effective and timely utilization for the appropriate MEAL activities
· Be the key link among the MEAL team & Field office level operations team.
· Ensure MEAL evidences (IPTT, project performance/action trackers, etc) are used for management decision making and continuous performance improvement and be part of the field office level management team members/
MEAL System Development and Management
· Undertake responsibilities for the roll-out of the MEAL system in specified field office.
· Ensure that MEAL Team, field operations and project staff understand the various steps and tools for the MEAL system and that this is used consistently across projects / areas
· Ensure programmes/projects are using Quality Benchmarks as part of their day to day implementation and quality monitoring practices
· Support on the roll-out of standardised monitoring tools and methodologies as required by the MEAL and field level teams.
· Ensure every project has at least 30% engagement (level of effort- LoE) by respective MEAL personnel.
· Ensure functional accountability mechanisms are in place as the four pillar of accountability (Information sharing, participation, establishing and implementing Compliant and Feedback Mechanisms (CFM), and staff capacity building.
· Ensure that regular monitoring/MEAL reports are received and communicated effectively to Area MEAL coordinator, FOM and other relevant bodies in the national office.
· Ensure periodic report are as per the standard quality, standard template, time frame and communicated accordingly
· Ensure communities and children know their rights and entitlements, have access to project information and participate in decisions that affect them
· Ensure communities and children have access to safe and responsive mechanisms to handle their complaints and feedbacks
Learning and Knowledge Management
· Lead the implementation of LKM framework in the field office and support there is a functional LKM system and capacity in the FO.
· Support programmes in the identification of learning objectives and evidence gaps.
· In close collaboration with program team facilitate in generating, storing and sharing knowledge (most significant change story, meta-analysis, research/evaluation summary reports, etc).
· Ensure utilization of learning and knowledge generated in decision making and programme improvement (maintain up to date Field office action tracker and monitor the utilization and application)
Technical Support and Capacity Building
· Undertake continuous staff capacity assessment and develop capacity building plans
· Provide trainings and capacity building for staff as required
· Ensure relevant staffs received proper orientations, inductions, training to help them deliver their MEAL responsibilities
· Sets standard and agreed performance objectives for all direct reports
· Conducts at least 6 One-to-ones on monitoring meeting in a year and have documents as evidence
· Conducts midterm performance review at midyear for direct reports
· Conducts end line performance evaluation for direct reports, documents and submits to HR
Programme design, research, evaluations, assessments and other studies
· Follow up FO/Themes periodically assess and update changes in children needs (especially deprived children)
· Ensure evaluations are undertaken as per the threshold and FO maintain up-to-date evaluation trackers to monitor delivery and action planning
· Lead/participate in project/ programme baseline, evaluations, researches and assessment activities in his/her areas of jurisdiction
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
SKILLS AND ABILITIES