External Vacancy Announcement
Medical Teams International is a Christian humanitarian relief agency focused on providing life-saving medical care for people in crisis. We serve all people—regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race.
Our calling is Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
The MEAL Officer will provide overall MEAL functio and management for Afar Field Office, ensuring effective MEAL processes and procedures are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Medical Teams International’s (MTI) work in serving the poor and vulnerable.
Medical / Technical
Supervision and Capacity development:
- Supervise country office and field MEAL staff.
- Provide training based on identified gaps.
- Provide coaching/mentoring of staff and on-the-job training to improve skills of the staff in MEAL.
- Deliver intermediate-level training to the MEAL team and conduct
- Develop country office M&E processes, methodologies and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning in line with Medical Teams policies and standards
- Monitor field level implementation systems, processes and tools ensuring quality and consistency in M&E collection and reporting
- Produce a comprehensive M&E plan for the field Office program and conduct regular monitoring of progress toward that plan
- Provide technical support in household survey sampling design, questionnaire development, enumerator training and implementation, including programming needed for electronic data collection
- Participate to the development of project proposals and reports, including assessments, logframes, M&E plans, baseline and endline survey reports.
- Monitor, analyze and summarize data collected from surveys and project activities
- Conduct data quality assessments & data audits to ensure that the collected data is accurate and maintains the integrity of the project
- Conduct beneficiary interviews, focus group discussions, and quality improvement verification visits to the project sites as required by the program.
- Assess the quality of collected data for the indicators and ensure that data pitfalls and issues, are mitigated; Coordinate routine data quality audits conducted in different sites, compile results at the level of a project and develop actions plans to implement corrective measures and manage tools and methods for assessing data quality for all indicators.
- Contribute to the establishment of an effective complaints, accountability and response mechanism to enhance feedback, trust and confidence with beneficiaries.
- Ensure data storage and systems for sharing are set up to protect confidentiality of personally identifying beneficiary data and adhere to generally accepted principles for data protection.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and personnel through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
- Follow up with Filed program teams to ensure the implementation of activities in line with Do No Harm and the conflict sensitivity.
- Support and organize collection of success stories, case studies and photos of activities for knowledge management
- Maintain a filing system for field level MEAL activities, reports and analyses in hard and soft copies, including backups
Collaboration and Coordination:
- Collaborates with Medical Teams Country Office Programs and technical team for data sharing, reporting, and quality improvement
- Coordinate with M&E counterparts in other organizations and information management working groups
- Collaborate with local RHB for ethics approvals for all surveys
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
Required Number: One(1)
Education, Licenses, & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field or equivalent experience required.
- At least 3 years of experience with monitoring and evaluation systems in a humanitarian or development context required
- Proven experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data using various survey modalities and sampling methodologies, including development of collection instruments, training of enumerators, monitoring of field collection and data quality control.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to staff involved with data collection and reporting.
- Experience with electronic data collection and management (Kobo preferred).
- Experience with HMIS data management and development of project monitoring systems
- Skills in IT, databases, statistical software and analysis, particularly in areas related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Sound theoretical knowledge and demonstrated skills of monitoring and evaluation systems including quantitative and qualitative data
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Knowledge of CHS and SPHERE standards
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative survey methods
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies
- Knowledge of mHealth and digital data collection systems
- Familiarity with grant management and institutional donor requirements related to proposals and reporting.
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing work team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proposal and report writing skills.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Strong computer literacy skills in word processing, spreadsheets, data collection software, data analysis software and presentations
- Well-organized, with strong problem-solving skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills in working with colleagues in a multicultural environment
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to multitask, work successfully in a team and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across teams and time zones while remote
- Ability to travel to project locations regularly
- Ability to present technical information in lay terminology
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should apply to Medical Teams International Ethiopia email address [email protected]
Note: Use "Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer-Afar" as the subject line of your email !
All applications must be submitted on or before 1 April 2022.
All applications must include a CV and copies of all applicable educational and work experience documents to be considered valid. Applicants called for an interview will be required to produce the original and legally valid copies of all documents.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.