Vacancy Number: VA_012_FY21
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center – Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacant post for its Onchocerciasis and Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination Projects.
Summary Job Description:
- Actively participate in the development of annual plan of action and ensures implementation of the project activities as per the plan.
- Undertakes supportive supervision and monitor and evaluate implementation of all projects in the respective woreda.
- Works very closely with Regional Project Manager and ZPCs to ensure that they are implemented as per the plans of action and project agreements.
- In close consultation with Regional Project Manager keeps proper documentation of project implementation and present key performance indicators during monthly monitoring meeting.
- Develop/update the database from which he generates monthly and annual reports for the RB/LF Elimination Program.
- Works closely with Country Office M&E Officer and Regional Manager to develop database at the respective sub offices.
- Coordinate baseline surveys, and impact assessments for program monitoring.
Required Number: 1 (One)
Terms of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension.
Qualification and Experience:
- BSc degree in Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Applied Mathematics and/or Public health from a recognized university
- Minimum of five years relevant experience preferably in Monitoring & Evaluation of health programs.
- Reasonably good experience in M & E
- Able to speak local language of the area is highly advantageous
- Willingness to travel and work in remote rural areas during field work
- Good computer skills, especially in data management
- Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
- Able to present release letter from current employer in two weeks after job offer
How to Apply
Deadline for all applications: Ten (10) days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should submit their CV, application letter (Please indicate duty station & position applied for in the subject line) including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below.
Drop your application in person at
The Carter Center – Ethiopia, Mettu Regional Office
Address: +251 – 474-41-19-46
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.