- Ensure review and alignment of all indicators in the design documents.
- Ensure development and implementation of project monitoring plans.
- Ensure use of appropriate monitoring tools and rollout quality monitoring report assessment checklist.
- Oversee and check data collect, collate and review data on monthly base using paper based tools and computer based tools such as data base.
- Undertake regular data quality checks and lead the review and analysis of data at the Lighthouse or Community Prevention Center.
- Analyze and implement MEL related activities to track progress against the Lighthouse’s or prevention center’s targets in monthly base.
- Provide regular project updates in suitable formats and respond to specific requests for project data at the Lighthouse or Prevention Center level.
- Compile data and information for donors’ report, as required by Senior Monitoring Officer, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee local implementation of periodic evaluations and research projects, as required by the Senior Monitoring Officer.
- Together with the and MEL Manager and the Senior Monitoring Officer, build the capacity of local staff members to be involved in monitoring activities.
- Together with the MEL Manager & Senior Monitoring Officer, ensure that country or project related government and donor monitoring and reporting requirements are met.
- Keep data accurately and confidential records of all the Monitoring activities.
- Meet monthly with the Senior Monitoring Officer for line management and regularly communicate with the Senior Monitoring Officer.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Compile written reports to Senior Monitoring Officer monthly.
- Compile written quarterly and annual reports for government, donors, ets a s required by the Senior Monitoring Officer.
- Liaise regularly with the MEL Team via email, teams or skype.
- Use MS Outlook Calendar to inform other team members of your program and absence from office.
- Participate in Hope for Justice team learning meetings and capacity building opportunities.
- Attend staff meetings regularly in consultation with the Senor Monitoring Officer & Project Manager.
- Maintain policies, procedures and systems that provide the requisite safeguarding measures for children accessing our services in collaboration with the DCPO.
- Uphold and work within Hope for Justice’s policies and procedures, including Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection policies.
- Promote Hope for Justice’s core values of Honoring, Openness, Professionalism and Empowerment across the organization and partners
- Undertake any other duties, as appropriate to the post, as delegated by Senior Monitoring Officer.
- Represent the MEL Department at the Lighthouse or Prevention centers in different review meeting, workshop and network meetings.
- Undertake any other duties, as appropriate to the post as delegated by the line manager.
First level university degree in Statistics, Mathematical studies, Biostatistics, Measurement & Evaluation or related fields.
At least 3 years’ experience working in a Monitoring and Evaluation in program/project management.
Experience working with vulnerable children and families.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Good organizational skills.
- Understand basic Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning principles.
- Good Computer skills (in all Microsoft Office functions such as Excel, Access, and MS Words).
- Ability to write accurate, concise and informative reports
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills,
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written are required
How to Apply
All qualified applicants can send an application letter and 2-3 page CV to Hope for Justice, email to [email protected] . Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please put ' Monitoring Officer ’ in subject line.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.