Vacancy posting date:
Aug 05, 2022
Aug 16, 2022
As per the organization sc
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Identify new potential partners for strategic engagement and negotiate strategic priorities, thru external contact with relevant counterparts across agencies
· Ensure that relevant crosscutting issues are strategically mainstreamed in new projects; also ensuring relevant staffs understand and are capacitated to take the issues forward.
· Build on technical knowledge, research and current/previous programming to lead design of new projects and development of proposals in close coordination with the relevant field, business development, and management staff. This includes all aspects of proposal development, such as concept notes and grant amendments. Ensure that proposals are developed in line with internal and member protocols and technical standards.
· Through external contact with relevant counterparts in donor/research agencies, identify new potential funding sources and share with the International Medical Corps’ management.
· Be fully aware of national policies, strategies and other initiatives and developments by government and other stakeholders in the area of nutrition. Regularly assess the implications for IMC’s programme and priorities of any changes in the operating environment in this sector and report on these to the internal fora as required
Program Implementation and Capacity Development
· Review PMT (Project management tools) including pipelines
· Identify and reinforce existing support mechanisms and work closely with local counterparts to ensure community buy-in and cultural appropriateness of activities
· Strengthen case management and referral systems
· Work with teams and communities to develop appropriate prevention and awareness-raising/behavior change strategies
· Conduct periodic visit to implementation sites to understand the reality, provide on-site advise /support and come up with recommendations for program quality improvement
· Support and guide the nutrition team to capture /document program lessons at different levels
· Provide technical advice /guidance to the nutrition team while conducting nutrition surveys, evaluations and other assessments, including in the design, conduct, analysis and write up of the reports; oversee possible consultancy work in the same if needed.
· Lead and/or contribute to regular nutrition sector updates, capacity statements, and sector representative meetings/trainings.
· Ensure the emergency nutrition program properly linked with the other sectors that International Medical Corps and other agencies implement
· Support Nutrition staff to become leaders of Nutrition prevention and response. Depending on skill sets and required roles, trainings may include: National acute malnutrition management protocol, report writing, referral and case management, facilitation skills, mobilization, project cycle management, Nutrition software and data management, etc.
· Organize and support trainings for healthcare providers, as needed and appropriate
· Contribute to information-sharing and data management systems
· Revise reports based on Donor requirements and address comments after technical
· Accompany and facilitate donor visits and provide relevant background materials.
· Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
· Ensure that IMC's food security program and approach is in line with policies and strategies of the Government of Ethiopia's as well
· Coordinate with local and international NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders to ensure holistic support for beneficiaries, including participation in strengthening case identification, prevention and management
· Actively participate in Nutrition working groups and contribute to interagency initiatives, also promoting IMC as a leader agency in Nutrition
· Ensure maximum visibility of IMC and relevant donors amongst the UN and NGO community
· Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct
Human Resources Management
· In collaboration with the HR department, ensure support to recruitment and selection of nutrition-related staff and for all matters concerning human resources for the nutrition unit.
· Assist in the selection, training and support of qualified program staff
· Develop support strategies for staff and introduce principles of self-care
· Plan for direct program budgets, closely monitor program budgetary expenditures, follow pipeline updates from finance team, advice and guide the nutrition team as well as lead in budget revisions/realignment as may be required.
· Review work, spending and procurement plans in line with IMC’s financial pipelines
· Ensure compliance with donor financial regulations
· Supervise nutrition staff for the proper planning and utilization of budget and other resources under the nutrition program
· ·Follow the logistic issues in relation to nutrition including preparing procurement plans, raising purchase orders and following the status of procurement and finally assuring the proper utilization of procured nutrition items (collaborating with IMC logistics department, government DPPC/Os, WFP and UNICEF)
Support the field team on the procurement process and ensure the requested materials reached to the field sire timely. M&E
· Monitor the day to day implementation of nutrition program activities as per the detail implementation plan and project agreement with the donor or other implementation partners.
· Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies
Consider security implications of all program activities, reviewing all new initiatives with national/ field staff and community leaders and incentive workers or volunteer
- Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com . Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
Ø Master's degree in Nutrition or Public health from recognized learning institution plus 4 years of experience in related field
Ø Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Public health/Nursing or related field of study with 7 years of experience in related field
Ø NGO Experience on managing emergency Health and Nutrition intervention, particularly CMAM, IYCF projects in a national Level position for 3 years at least
Ø Experience of facilitation of training review meetings and workshops.
Ø Experience on budget and manpower management and Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft applications
Ø Proficiency in written and spoken English
Ø Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines and develop good team spirit and support staff.
Ø Training on CMAM, IYCF.
Ø Training on Project management would be an added value .
If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com . Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before August 15,2022
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note : IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.