The Health Communication and Gender Officer will be responsible to provide technical support and coordinate all activities related to Gender and Health Communication activities. S/he will provide support for assigned woreda’s health offices and health facilities in planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring of health communication and gender work of the Transform: HDR project. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager. This position will be based in Afar, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambella and Somali regional states with frequent travel to facilities and health posts within the assigned woredas to monitor program implementation and oversee the quality of activities and services.
- Assist Regional Manager and the RMNCH officers in organizing regional reviews meetings, developing and monitoring gender-sensitive annual work plans and budgets as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs
- Participate in the regional level gender and women, health communication specific partner and stakeholder meetings, workshops and technical working groups as necessary
- Support the implementation of gender integration and Health Communication activities to promote RMNCH/FP service utilization in all facilities under the assigned woredas;
- Assist in developing and or adapting gender-sensitive communication materials and targeted health communication materials including training materials, job aids, and BCC materials
- Coordinate health communication and gender-related training at regional, zonal, woreda and facility levels
- Oversee and support the utilization of IEC/BC materials and job aids by health facilities
- Provide technical assistance to the Zonal Health Office, Woreda Health Offices, health centers, health posts and communities in addressing gender and demand-side barriers to RMNCH/FP program interventions
- Engage and coordinate in the capacity building efforts that include assessment of barriers to RMNCH/FP service, training needs of health workers;
- Support gender integration in service delivery at the facility level addressing barriers for service uptake
- Support mainstreaming of gender in day to day implementation of Transform HDR project
- Coordinate and conduct regular field visits to provide post-training follow up and onsite mentorship
- Coordinate and conduct integrated/joint supportive supervision to HC, HP and communities and document findings and recommendations of field visits for follow-up action.
- Ensure that feedback from supportive supervision visits, review meetings, and related forums are applied in the facilities for continuous improvement in gender and health communication interventions
- Support the linkage of HEWs with HDA as well as community mobilization and sensitization through HDA for activities related to gender and health communication and ensure that key messages of the program reach the community.
- Participate in the development of Woreda operational plans for RMNCH/FP programs and support the RMNCH/FP team in executing the annual plans.
- Produce, document and share program implementation reports, supportive supervision as well as mentoring reports as per the standard format.
- Identify areas of best practices and success stories and collaborate with Regional Manager and communication team to produce the practice report and stories.
- Assist the Country Office program advisors in preparing program/project status reports as well as documenting lessons learned in specific technical areas for wider dissemination/use.
- Closely work with the regional and Country Office Monitoring and Evaluation team to document performance, develop database and update it regularly.
- Performs other functions assigned by the project within the areas of expertise.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BA degree in women studies, sociology and social administration, social work, health promotion, public health or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and knowledge on gender mainstreaming in the health sector, behavior change communication, GBV, HTPs
- Demonstrated experience in gender-sensitive programmatic
- Demonstrated experience in demand creation and community mobilization for community and facility-based health services
- Knowledge of context and RMNCH/FP situation in the Developing regions
- Experience in organizing standard gender-sensitive maternal and development training
- Has received training on gender mainstreaming in the health, GBV and VAW, HTP. BCC, community mobilization and related topics
- Experience in working in the developing regional states or pastoralist communities and knowledge of the local language is an advantage.
Additional Skills Desired
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiation cultural awareness and ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to manage demanding workload, multi-task, accept challenges, take initiative and solve the problem
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word and database)
- Ability to meet the deadline without compromising quality
- Flexibility to adjust to different situations and contexts.
- Women are encouraged to apply
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment that supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers