ROLE PURPOSE: ONE-STOP SERVICE center is designed where young individuals get connected and are informed about available opportunities that will excite them to get additional skills and training required to explore and experiment with those opportunities. The service will help create new methods for alliance creation involving the private sector, government, community, and other stakeholders to enhance youth purchasing and selling power of their skills.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
One-stop center service facilitator
- Develop and update youth database (Employment seeker or training seeker) and Develop and update stakeholders and private sector database.
- Collect employment-related information, process them to match the local needs and disseminate them within the local target group
- Spearhead the mobilization of all stakeholders and follow up routine tasks of the program implementation at the site level.
- Facilitate the active participation and building of trust with communities and other stakeholders and work closely with IGAs, TVETs, youth associations, private sectors, FTCs or PTCs, Youth-focused government organizations, training institutes and etc.
- Facilitate community mobilization, need identification, planning and effective implementation of program components and Facilitate and coordinate the components of youth workforce development activities, like facilitate training, provide coaching and organized mentoring and work placement programs for unemployed and underemployed youth.
- BA degree in sociology, Social work, Management, and related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in working in related project
- Fluency speaking Somali and English languages for verbal and written
- Commitment to Save the Children values
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
SC Values are Accountability , Ambition , Collaboration , Creativity and Integrity . To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases:
- Leading ( align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration, and creativity)
- Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
- Developing Self and Others : Invest time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realize their full potential and to build the organization capability for the further.
- Problem-solving and decision making Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
- Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity,
Working effectively with others
Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
National Candidates Are Applicable only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
Thinking ( align with Ambition, creativity, Collaboration, and Creativity)
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrate leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compiling vision to inspire to achieve our goals for children
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.