WGGA MEDICAL SERVICES Plc
WGGA Eye Centre is a full service multi-specialty practice located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Established Ophthalmologists in 2012, we have expanded to a group of eight certified , an Ophthalmic Medical Technologist and five Optometrists. Our compassionate experienced team is dedicated to providing high quality eye care in Ethiopia that strives to exceed your expectations.
Our Eye Centre offers state of the art diagnostics, comprehensive eye examinations and the most advanced vision correction treatments and procedures for eye diseases and disorders. We’re committed to providing leading-edge patient-centered care for everyone, from babies to seniors. We're the eye doctors in Ethiopia for you!
WGGA also committed to building and furthering the capacity of Ethiopian Ophthalmologists and allied ophthalmic professionals. We are extremely proud of our team of Ethiopian professionals.
WGGA Eye Centre is a division of WGGA Medical Services plc. Established by two Ethio-Canadians, who have actively been engaged in philanthropic medical initiatives in East Africa for the last +10 years.`
Number of post: 3(Three)
Immediate Supervisor: Manager for Nursing and Education
Department: Nursing and Education Job Summary
Under the supervision of the nursing and education manager the optometry is responsible for performing vision tests, diagnosing sight problems, prescribing contact lenses and eyeglasses, and also counsel patients to help promote eye health.
Detail Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform standard eye exams for patients on a daily basis
- Provide outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders and conditions
- Determine each patient’s visual acuity, field of vision and eye coordination
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
- Evaluate eye-related symptoms, such as discharge, redness and inflammation
- Prescribe corrective lenses when required
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists for various diseases & when required for more holistic eye care
- Educate patients on proper eye care, clarify factors that have an impact on vision, advice patients about proper eye hygiene and care.
- Examine the structures of the eye and visual system using relevant instrumentation, , like Visual Field, Keratometry, Tonometry , Biometry, Ultrasound (A & B Scan), OCT observation and pharmaceutical agents (refraction, ocular and fundus examination) to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination
- Provide advice to patients, concerning refractive errors, optical correction & prescribe corrective lenses.
- Provide information concerning abnormal ocular conditions for appropriate action to be taken by the medical specialist (Ophthalmologist).
- Transfer knowledge and skill to Junior optometry on diagnostic tests such as Visual Field, Keratometry, Tonometry , Biometry, Ultrasound (A & B Scan), Fundus Photo and OCT etc. as needed
- Work closely with the ophthalmologist , nursing & optical staff
- Able to use measuring devices to take client measurements including bridge and eye sizes, vertex distance, papillary distance, temple length, optical eye centers for sizes for eyeglasses.
- Understand the coordination of frames and eye measurements to the optical prescription
- Educate and counsel patients on care of glasses, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors
- Check all lenses returned from the lab to ensure they match the prescription.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Assist in optical shop when required
- Analyze results from all tests conducted and provide input to physician/ ophthalmologist
- Ensure patient are treated respectfully at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- BSC degree in Optometry from recognized university
- 2 (two) years and above related experience
Technical and other skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner
- Competency in computer applications
- Ability to analyze and solve the problems
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their application, CV and copies of supporting Educational and work experience documents to Human Resource and Administration Department office in person to WGGA Medical service 2 nd floor, or E-mail through: [email protected] with in five working days. Physical Address: Ethio-China friendship Road located at Gorgorios squire, for further Information Tel: 0114-70-22-17/0114-70-16-65