Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA) is registered non-governmental organization. MENA has been funded by USAID Ethiopia under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiative to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program in Addis Ababa. The Program will be implemented by MENA in partnership with different local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity implementation areas are selected from A.A town 10 Sub Cities.
We are looking for an experienced Orphan and Vulnerable Children Service (OVC) Specialist to ensure our organization adheres to legal standards and in-house policies. You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of Grant managing as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
A great Orphan and Vulnerable Children Service (OVC) Specialist is well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices. They are professionals of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of organization. You must be comfortable saying “no” when necessary and be result-oriented.
The goal is to preserve MENA’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course.
The OVC Service Specialist will be responsible for leading the planning, coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating case achievement goals and benchmarks for target OVC and their families. S/he will be responsible for ensuring identification, assessment/reassessment, case plan development and updating, case plan implementation, monitoring and closure that adhere to established quality standards and procedures. S/he will direct the support of OVC and families to achieve health, schooling, stability and safety goals. Education, psychosocial support, child protection, legal support, nutrition, economic security services within the case plan achievement benchmarks.
- Provide technical guidance, and supportive supervision to project staff
- Ensure the coordination of OVC activities with other project activities for synergic impact
- Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities
- Engage in technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in OVC for staff and implementing partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to OVC
- Ensure timely and appropriate project resources utilization
- Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to the COP adhering to USAID reporting requirements
No. of person required - 1
Required education and experiences
- A minimum of BSC Degree in public health, Nursing or social sciences or related fields, preferably Master in Public Health.
- Five years of experience with social development, health child protection, household, social protection, education, health and nutrition and HIV/AIDS care and support.
- Experience in the prevention of HIV/AIDS with a focus on highly vulnerable children.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, community and public health facilities, private sector entities, and local community structures.
- Commitment to the wellbeing of children and safeguarding and child protection matters
- Experience engaging with government departments (e.g., Ministry of Health, regional health bureau, local health institutions) and partner organizations.
- Experience with USAID funded PEPFAR OVC and or HIV/AIDS programs in Ethiopia is an added advantage.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments
- Skills in determining priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
How to Apply