We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the administrative supervision of the MSIE Programs Manager, Outreach Clinical Officer performs Comprehensive Family Planning(CFP), Comprehensive Abortion Care(CAC), voluntary tubal ligation, and vasectomy procedures; provides SRH services to clients in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional code of conduct at MSIE Centre, PFS, and BlueStar clinics; provides training on SRH services, coaches and monitors the progress in the facilities where the services are provided.
2. DUTIES/ TASKS
- Examines clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms.
- Prescribes and administers drugs based on history, physical examination and laboratory test reports and findings.
- Performs Comprehensive Family planning especially LARC, Post-Partum Family Planning (PPFP), voluntary surgical contraception (VSC) and comprehensive abortion care(CAC) and post-abortion care (PAC) according to National and MSI guidelines;
- Performs Permanent methods of family planning and other procedures, after receiving the required training;
- Puts the interest of clients/patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases;
- Ensures the maintenance of a high-level standard consistent with available resources;
- Performs Tubal ligation and Vasectomy Procedures;
- Ensures and maintains an appropriate and proper referral system for clients which in need.
- Responsible to report clinical incidents to the Clinical Services Quality department according to MSI Incident management policy
- Ensures that clients' cards and other records are up-to-date, orderly, properly filed, and readily retrievable for reference and review
- Prepare regular reports on progress/ challenges identified and submit to immediate supervisor.
- Participates in training programs, as and when deemed necessary;
- Initiates or collaborates in research undertakings;
- Gives technical advice to the public facilities, MSIE Field Manager and BlueStar clinics on any possible action for quality care improvement from which the Centre, PFS and Blue Stars may benefit;
- Perform other additional responsibilities as per immediate supervisor’s direction.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities
- Identify training needs within teams and, in consultation with the clinical training manager and arrange for appropriate training and induction
- Ensure that all clinical staffs are competency assessed annually for every service they provide and ensure that clinical staffs providing service independently are at level 1 competency and track clinical competency & training continuously
- Ensure action plans related to Internal QTA, External QTA, incidents, supportive supervision, and team meeting are timely completed
- Ensure Clinical Record audit is conducted to centers & outreach on a monthly basis
- Ensure implementation of client center care initiatives, collection of client feedback, and use of feedback to define and implement interventions
- Ensure incidents are timely reported and adhere to an incident management system with a no-blame, learning culture
- Ensure medical supplies and equipment are used to comply with MSI policy on product quality
- Ensure documentation of client care follows clinical policies and guidelines
- Ensure availability of all relevant MSI policies and guidelines at each service delivery site
- Participate in each quarterly MAT (medical advisory team) meeting
- Ensure internal audit is conducted to all service delivery sites once per year
- Ensure each center/outreach team conduct monthly staff meeting as per the recommended ToR
3. PERSON SPECIFICATION
A. Qualification Requirements
- BSc in Public Health and Special training in Comprehensive Family Planning (FP); Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC); Tubal ligation and Vasectomy Procedures are highly preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in SRH & clinical practice in the MNCH field, particularly in the areas of comprehensive abortion care and comprehensive Family planning (CFP)
B. Skills, Attitudes, and Attributes
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors
- Awareness of FMOH and donor guidelines
- Conscious of government, MSI, and MSIE regulations
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
Duty Station: MSIE: South Area Program Office, Hawassa
Type of Employment: Contract till December 31 st, 2022.Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email .
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!