- Company: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Under the general supervision of the Program Manager, the Outreach FP Promotion Officer coordinates the outreach family planning promotion activities; creates awareness among the target groups; organizes community events to spread the campaign of comprehensive family planning and design referral linkages for comprehensive abortion care services in the rural and urban communities by MSIE outreach team; encourage acceptance of long acting and permanent family planning methods; liaises with government authorities at various levels to gain support for the objectives of outreach family planning and other SRH activities of MSIE.
- Provides overall coordination and support to the overall promotion of comprehensive family planning and post abortion care services in adherence with Ethiopia law in areas where MSIE is operating SRH/FP services through its clinics, outreach, and public facilities.
- Creates awareness and a positive image for long acting, voluntary vasectomy and tuba ligations services among potential clients.
- Organizes community event to promote the image of comprehensive family methods.
- Participates in the development of awareness creation campaigns, tools and written materials.
- Identifies and manages community mobilizers that facilitate community discussions, coffee ceremonies and drama performances near the facilities that have been chosen as delivery sites for MSIE outreach supported services.
- Increases awareness of the names and locations of sites where all methods of FP and CFP including permanent method services are available;
- Encourages acceptance of long acting and permanent FP methods by using testimonials from satisfied clients.
- Ensures the maintenance of efficient delivery of client care and the confidentiality of all cases, in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional code of conduct.
- Collaborate with various teams to liaise, as appropriate with government and non-governmental agencies to promote MSIE’s interest.
- Liaises with government authorities at Kebele, Woreda and Zonal level to gain support for the objectives of provision of outreach family planning services
- Supports locally all research activities related to outreach FP and CAC/PAC services
- Prepares and submits movement plan, work plan and budget of the outreach FP promotional activities.
- Undertakes any other activities as required
BA/BSC in Social Science, BSC Nursing or Public Health /Diploma in
Two years with BA/BSC and four years with Diploma relevant experience.
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Collaborative approach to team working;
- Innovative approach to carrying across the project issues;
- Good knowledge of the local culture and language;
- Strong personal commitment to the project;
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
Number of Position : (01)
Duty Station : MSIE Ambo Program Office
Fixed term : 6 months
Salary : As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter, C.V and Kebele ID/passport copy, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.