Internal/External Vacancy announcement
dedicated to bringing long lasting improvement in the lives of the community it serves. The MJE’s program focuses on Livelihood Enhancement, Education, Health and institutional sustainability with cross cutting issues of Environmental Protection, AYSRH, HIV/AIDS, Gender Mainstreaming, Inclusiveness and Child protection. Mary Joy Ethiopia works in more than one hundered Kebeles/Woredas depending the country’s grass root governance structure.
Currently, Mary Joy Ethiopia has been awarded fund with the Cooperative Agreement No. 72066320CA00015 with USAID for Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services in SNNPR and Sidama regions to be implemented by three consortium members, EKHCDC, Progynist and CVDA. The operatioal sites include Hawassa, Dilla, Yirgalem, Butajira, Hossana, Sodo, Arbamich, Mizan aman, Tepi, and Jinka.
The project is aiming to contribute to meeting Ethiopia goal to achieve 95% of all PLHIV knowing their HIV status; 95% of all people with diagnosed HIV infection to receive sustained antiretroviral therapy (ART); and 95% of all people receiving ART will have viral suppression. The OVC/C&T Activity will expand initiation of HCT, ART initiation and VLS among 100% KPs and PPs and their biological children in the targeted SNUs. Thus, we are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of OVC Service Manager
The OVC service Manager is responsible for overseeing all programming, including ensuring the technical quality of services of the program. He/she works with partners to decide on targets, oversees the development and execution of community action plans and family case plans, monitors the implementation of plans, works with the Chief of Party to facilitate operational capacity building initiatives, directly facilitates technical capacity building, and supports efforts to coordinate with local government and private sector partners. He/she also supports the roll-out of national initiatives intended to improve the technical quality of programming for children affected by HIV/AIDS. The OVC service Manager supervises senior program staff and short and long-term technical assistance to the project. Responsible to providing technical assistance for sub recipients on coordination of care mechanisms, service mapping, documentation, referral linkages for comprehensive services for OVC.
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, implementation and quality assurance.
- Provide leadership and coordination to sub grantees partners.
- Facilitate a working environment of mutual trust, respect, and care among all staff. Encourage effective teamwork, with staff members supporting each other.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure issues are raised and addressed and to encourage reflection on project progress and learning for improvement.
- Lead annual planning to ensure that plans are made to meet the targets set out in the project design.
- Oversee the implementation of planned activities to ensure targets are achieved:
- Ensure that project activities are carried out in a timely manner per USAID approved work plan, and that the project achieves results in line with its annual approved work plan, and that the project achieves results in line with its annual PEPFAR targets in each program area.
- Ensure each staff has a clear weekly work-plan and that necessary resources are available for them to implement their responsibilities.
- Conduct monitoring visits to project activities to assess progress against targets and to provide coaching and direction to activities in areas where improvements are needed.
- Act as the initial trouble-shooter when difficulties in implementation are identified; meet with necessary project participants, listen to challenges and actively identify solutions such that projects can continue as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Submit timely, accurate and professional reports that meet USAID requirements.
- Ensure that there is a good flow of information among project team such that issues are identified and reported on before they become difficult to manage.
- Monitor local context and report on how changes in context may affect program activities. This includes changes in the security environment.
- Closely collaborate and network with government stakeholders and others in order to ensure transition and sustainability of the program, continued partnership and sharing best practices in various fields.
- Co-ordinate with other NGOs or similar organizations in the area to ensure complementarity of the project.
- Bachelor Degree in Public Health, Nursing or Social Sciences; ten (10)years of direct experience in OVC response. PEPFAR experience is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience managing large projects requirements.
- Experience in managing consortiums preferred. Experience in managing or working on PEPFAR funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Written and oral fluency in English is a requirement.
- Proactive approach, good organization and time management skills, and ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills.
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities that includes coaching and motivating staff to high level of performance, and engaging in effective cross cultural & cross functional working to achieve shared goals in the absence of direct line management authority.
- Experienced networker with strong negotiation skills and an ability to maintain a good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities
- Working knowledge of the Mary Joy Ethiopia Partnership is an advantage, along with the ability to interface sensitively with people from various departments in both field and support offices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Ability to maintain and manage strong relations, both internally and externally.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills in English,
including good writing.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Credentials and application letter through the email address of : [email protected] within 10 working days from the date of announcement including holy day and weekends.