The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position of Pathologist .
Duties and Responsibility
· Describe the gross feature of surgical specimens and prepare tissue for processing for light microscopy
· Analyze and interpret results from surgical specimens, fine needle aspirations (FNA) and peripheral blood requests by physicians, researches and students.
· Advise students and researchers of their research/lab work
· Assist in preparation of training materials of basic pathology related techniques for laboratory staff, students and researches.
· Work with AHRI laboratory staffs to implement advanced laboratory techniques including Immunohistochemistry.
· Participate in scientific meetings such as seminars and journal clubs at AHRI.
· Conduct research and communicate scientific findings..
· Involve in other activities assigned by the institute.
· MD with Specialty Certificate of Pathology
· Minimum of two year experience as pathologist.
· Professional registration license from Ethiopian Ministry of Health/FMHACA.
· Training or experience in Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence or other pathology laboratory techniques will be an asset.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before May 29, 2019.
- A CV/resume (not more than 5 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
References : Please provide three references including their e-mail address .
Employment Type : One year contract period with possible extension.