- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Procurement jobs in Ethiopia
About The IRC
We are, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international Non-Governmental organizations, providing relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectorial emergency response and Services providers.
The primary objective of the position Procurement Manager is to support the Supply Chain function in developing world-class procurement practices to improve program support.
It requires the occupant to have a deep understanding of humanitarian supply chains including but not limited to need assessment, sourcing, buying and expediting procurements
The success of this role requires close collaboration with field staff, country leadership, program teams, and GSC Quality Assurance
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Perform Market Analyses by collecting, organizing and analyzing market data and financial reports and monitoring Supply Market to ensuring price quotations and Supplier offers are authentic and reasonable
- Develop procurement plans for active grants, in collaboration with program Coordinators/Managers and internal and external partners to support program implementation.
- Ensure program teams develop distribution plan for supplies and assets of closed grants in the warehouses.
- Coordinate with supply chain field staff to ensure that there is sufficient spaces in warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure that the supply chain department is well staffed and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job description.
- Implement all IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance to IRC and donors procurement policies
- Work with requesters to develop comprehensive purchase specification
- Maintain accurate procurement data and records and ensuring on time procurement reporting
- Review procurement documents before payment
- Lead the bidding process, including Request for quotation process, Request for proposal process, Tender evaluation and facilitating procurement committee functioning
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategy
- Set negotiation objectives conduct negotiations with potential suppliers to ensure value for money
- Prepare, review and utilize Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) to ensure favorable Procurement Terms and Conditions
- Set key performance indicators and service level agreements for contracts
- Monitor contract implementation to ensure suppliers adherence to contract terms and conditions
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate procurement report(s) to inform decision-making process.
- Implement and sustain segregation duties in procurement and other related functions.
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers
- Conduct Supplier performance reviews and feedback process and maintain up to date and accurate supplier performance scorecards
- Develop suppliers for sustainable value adding procurement
Compliance and Legal
- Conduct procurement due diligence, including ATC check, supplier site visits, supplier background checks and implement any other fraud prevention methods
- Conduct self-assessments of conformance to supply chain policies, procedures, controls, and performance
- Provide complete documents for audit and implement Corrective and/ or preventive action Plans (CAPA)
- Identify, document and timely report any IRC procurement process deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
Staff Management and Development:
- Support recruitment of procurement staff through the effective utilization of the IRC supply chain competency matrix.
- Ensure each staff members’ objectives are set following the organizational unit visions as well as operations context(s);
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired procurement staff.
- Assess procurement staff competency and training gaps and develop appropriate intervention programmer
- Deliver Training and Professional development programmed
- Co-ordinate training and maintain training records
Pharmaceutical Supply Chain [Optional]
- In collaboration with the health team, create forecasts and supply planning for pharmaceutical supply for all health projects by project start date.
- With the guidance and support from global pharma leadership initiate the supply strategy for the supply of pharmaceuticals (global, regional, national) including freight.
Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular relationships with regional and country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Deputy Director of Operations and Project Coordinators/Mangers. Actively participate in global and regional supply chain, conferences, and leading sessions as required.
External: May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Supply chain management, Business administration and Accounting and Finance
- Advanced professional certification in supply chain management and/or emergency response management strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience in handling humanitarian supply chain activity specially procurement.
- Strong ERP roll out and management skills.
- Confirmed ability to develop and roll-out supply chain policy and SOPs;
- Clear training and mentoring ability.
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Have a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under sometimes acute hardship conditions against tight deadlines.
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, HF and VHF radios.
- Ability to lead teams
- Change management
- Risk management
- Decision-making capability
- Cross-Functional collaboration
- Result Focus
- Effective Communication
- Problem-Solving ability
- Fluency in English is required.
Method of ApplicationExternal Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Internal Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.