Program Coordination Officer (RESET Plus FP)
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Program Officer for its RESET Plus Family Planning project and other Amref project based in Waghimra/Sokota zones and will report to Regional Manager.
Purpose of the Job
Under the supervision of National Program Coordinator, the Program Officer will be responsible for the overall management and facilitation of the program implementation and project development phase including assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, networking, partnership and reporting of the project activities at the zonal level. The implementation of the program including provision of technical support and capacity building activities for the Amref program woredas, health facilities and community health actors to ensure RESET Plus FP activities and projects of Amref is integrated and implemented for better outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly detail implementation work plan
- Participate on program implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the activities
- Strengthening the capacity of different Woman and youth groups, associations, clubs through facilitating trainings and mentorship
- Ensure that planning and implementation of the program activities are in accordance with the program principles, approaches, and procedures of the organization
- Supports and facilitates the woreda plan to include Amref projects including FP project plan and thoroughly understood and be accountable for the overall implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the projects;
- Ensures that the program activities are implemented according to the technical specification set together with program team and time schedule and also within the limit of the planned budget;
- Ensures that gender issues are properly addressed during the process of the program planning and implementation;
- Supports and coordinates needs assessment and capacity building in areas of SRH/FP, Gender and others health thematic areas.
- Organizes and facilitates joint participatory monitoring programs with zonal and woreda partners and community groups, both technical and management bodies, document lessons and provide feedback to the project office;
- Facilitates and encourages regular review meeting and program review schedules at zonal and woreda level and help the different institutions have it institutionalized commitment;
- Supports and builds the capacity of the government staffs, including HEWs have deeper understanding of the different technical areas of the projects, participatory monitoring and evaluation, and including community empowerment and right based approach;
- Conducts regular review meetings with the front line staffs and development agents and record lessons and provide feedback to the participants and to the programs team;
- Together with the partner’s sets projects quality standard and action steps and monitor the performance accordingly;
- Prepares regular and up to date projects progress reports on monthly, quarterly and annually bases at zonal level and submit to immediate supervisor and respective zones and woreda;
- Represents Amref health Africa at zonal and district level; being member of the different task force and others as required;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual program and financial plans and reports;
- Ensure that financial utilization is in accordance with the approved budget and in compliance with Amref Health Africa operation standards.
· Ensure that project teams schedules/plans are coordinated and completed timely and give support in the project target Zones/woredas under direct supervision.
- Ensures that organizational core values, policies, procedures and program approaches are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning of the Woreda office and that information to monitor project progress and organizational performance, including M & E data are collected and used for organizational learning, decision making, reporting, and for promoting innovations;
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
· BSc/MPH in health-related fields
- Minimum of 5 year of experience for BSc or 3 years for MPH in SRH/FP project implementation, Youth and woman empowerment
- Experience in conducting research
- Experience in conducting training
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication & writing skills in both Amharic & English
- Excellent computer skills
- In addition, the ideal candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving and networking skills.
- Be a team player and communicator and work under minimal supervision.