Who we are….
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a competent and able Program Database Clerk that can ensure the accurate and consistent entry of data coming from different project/program sources in Program databases
What we provide…
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As a Program Database Clerk, you will be in charge of the following:
- Gathers and complies various data such as Family and child information, field assessment forms and other paper inputs from Project Coordinators, Family and Community Development Officers, Team Leaders into set databases;
- Enter data in a timely and accurate manner into Program databases;
- Provide databases to National and International Offices and Track basic statistics and trends from the data, in collaboration with the team;
- Prepare updated figures and information requests, as requested by the National and International Office;
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities when necessary;
- Process beneficiaries and source documents by reviewing data; resolving discrepancies or returning incomplete documents to the Officers or concerned co-workers for resolution;
- Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures;
- Reconcile data entries with hard copies, to ensure proper entry and cross checking;
- Verify entered beneficiaries data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data;
- Secure information by completing data base backups;
- Maintain beneficiaries’ confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential;
- Other duties as required.
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- B.A/B.Sc. degree in any relevant field to the roles and responsibilities
- Proven data entry work experience, as a Data entry operator or Office clerk. Previous experience with an NGO preferred, especially within data entry work;
- Experience with MS Office and data programs
- Familiarity with administrative duties
- Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams,
- Prior experience working with INGO’S
How to Apply
Excited to take on an new Adventure…….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Committed to create a safe and enabling environment for children and young persons"