ROLE PURPOSE: –
The Program Facilitator is responsible mainly for managing working advances of the project and provide related administrative support to the project team.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Requests working/program advances for payment as per approved Terms of References
• Collects working/program advances and make various payments as per the authorization and approval of Budget Holders and in accordance with SCI’s financial management policy.
• Ensures that all payments are made against sufficient, complete, correct and relevant supporting documents duly verified and approved by concerned managers or budget holders
• Ensures that all payment documents bear “Save the children Paid” stamp.
• Summarizes expenses using relevant expense codes duly authorized by responsible person and timely settle all project advances to finance section of the Field Office before placing a request for another advance
• Ensures that Government withholding tax is deducted from service fees to hotels, resources persons etc. rendered outside of the Field Office location and issues receipts to service providers accordingly
• Ensures that all unused cash returned from specific project advance is deposited in SCI Bank account daily and expenditures settled with in three days
• Facilitates the provision and settlement of travel advances of staff based outside of the FO
• Assists the organization and facilitation of trainings, workshops and other events in supporting project managers without compromising the project advance payment management
• Provides administrative assistance to the senior program manager and project managers as necessary
• Perform any other activities based on line manager’s assignment.
- Minimum educational requirement: First Degree /Diploma in Accounting /Business Administration/Banking and finance or related fields
- Minimum experience required: Four years for Diploma and two years for Degree holders. Demonstrated experience in disbursement related activities in NGO setting and knowledge about international Donors funding and compliance requirements
- Good understanding of project implementation processes
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication
- Excellent and demonstrated skills in computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlooks, E-mails
SC Values are: Accountability , Ambition , Collaboration , Creativity and Integrity . To meet the value system, the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases.
A pplyin g technical and professional expertise : Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
· Engaging (align with Collaboration, Creativity,
· Networking : Builds and use sustainable relationship to support the work of save the children
· Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.