Employment Type: Full – Time
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting, and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Nutrition International is seeking applications for Program Officer, Food Fortification to be based in Ethiopia.
You will have at least a Master’s degree in Food Technology, Food Engineering, Food Science and Nutrition or related fields from a recognized University. Management or quality assurance training will be an asset.
At least four years’ experience in Food Industry particularly in Food Fortification and at least 3 years’ experience in Salt iodization or food processing and 5 years’ experience in Project Management. Solid knowledge and hands on experience in research and evaluation and external relations is preferred.
Skills on excellent interpersonal skills, competent IT skills especially Microsoft office/excel, good presentation skills, excellent team working skills, integrity, and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Fluent in written and spoken English and Amharic required.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Conduct desk review and keep up to date data on status of essential micronutrient deficiencies and NTD.
- Support the CD and DCD to design new projects on DFS/FF and actively participate in proposal and/or concept note writing.
- Based on project proposal develop annual implementation and spending plans for DFS-IoFA project.
- Ensure data monitoring plans are timely implemented, project monitoring data is collected, analyzed and the data workbooks are regularly updated.
- Develop quality monthly, quarterly and annual performance monitoring (both technical and financial) reports for DFS-IoFA project and ensure challenges are identified and recommended corrective actions are timely implemented.
- Review and analyze technical and financial project reports from implementing partners and ensure that remedial actions are taken to ensure that the projects are on track.
- Build and maintain good collaborative relations with key stakeholders such as EPHI, FBPIDI, FMHACA, ESA, FMoTI, FMoH, Salt Producers, IF-SBH, FTT, BMGF CHAMPS, GAIN, UNICEF, WFP and other agencies with interest in salt iodization and food fortification to promote information sharing and effective coordination of effort to improve and sustain effective and efficient programs.
- Support the country and business development team with gathering of relevant information for proposal writing to mobilize additional funding opportunities for NI to carry out additional work in salt iodization and food fortification in Ethiopia.
- Document and share with the A&C team field stories and lessons learned from the salt iodization and food fortification projects.
- Participate in the design of research and evaluation activities for DFS-IoFA and work closely with researchers and external evaluators to ensure research and evaluations exercises are feasible, respond to project and Government’s needs.
- Any other duties as requested.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Ethiopia. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.