- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Ethiopia
Amref Health Africa is seeking a Program Operations Officer to perform administrative and logistics tasks for the Integrated Youth Activity (IYA) in Ethiopia. The Program Operations Officer will provide administrative and logistics support to the Chief of Party and other senior leadership team. S/he will be responsible to provide executive, administrative and management support to the Chief of Party by ensuring effective coordination and communication, and planning, monitoring of office administrations and logistics in close collaboration with the Admin and Logistic Officer and the program support officers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and logistics support
- Provide general administrative support to IYA senior management staff, including directors; manage and coordinate detailed schedules, and manage the visits of international consultants; align all the appointments, travel arrangements of IYA SMT and directors
- Manage calendar for the chief of party, arrange relevant trips and accompany to the field on relevant workshops and progress review events
- Oversee IYA facility and equipment management
- Implement Projects Logistics plan developed by IYA Project and perform monthly logistics reports and other requirements
- Coordinate with the procurement and logistic team to expedite procurement and logistics activities in the projects with adherence to Amref’s and donor’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake other duties as requested by COP
Program Coordination and Communication
- Arrange relevant partnership meetings, handle key note taking and minutes documentation,
- Arrange meetings, workshops and events; and provide necessary administrative and logistics support to staff
- Compile key program documents (trip reports, progress reports, meeting minutes, contact lists, funding applications, etc) and post to online database
- Ensure the proper filing of all incoming and outgoing mails of the office such that efficient and swift retrieval is possible;
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all Amref program records and information at all times
- Maintain and update partners and government office telephone directory. Keep proper record of all emergency numbers for both external and internal staff members
- Ensures the timely and efficient dispatch and receipt of all communications
- Build and maintains effective relationships with IYA staffs and partners
Travel and transportation responsibility
- Arrange air tickets and booking accommodations for IYA project staff and visitors; responsible for field visit processing for staff and visitors
- Prepare weekly/monthly vehicle movement plans and make the arrangement and coordinate request with transport and logistics unit
- Bachelors in social sciences, projects management business administration or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics and administration and program support function
- Experience in office support;
- Good communication and excellent writing skills in English & Amharic.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with teams
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Windows, Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and networking skills