- Company: United Nations World Food Programme – WFP Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
- Provide technical assistance, advice and operational support to the ministry of education to ensure school feeding implementation and management of emergency school feeding program as per agreed objective and standard
- Support MoE in seasonal emergency assessments, ensure emergency school feeding (ESF) plan incorporated in the national HDRP document, prepare the ESF response plan to be submitted for the government and humanitarian agencies, in collaboration with the education cluster/EiE to get funded
- Coordinate with MoFEC to facilitate the smooth flow of fund and ensure timely transition of funds to BoE for emergency school feeding programme operations
- Assist the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required with regards to the school feeding for school feeding program management
- Collaborate with the SIP directorate to ensure the school feeding matters are well planned, monitored, implemented to attain the desired results
- Support the MoE to strengthen school meal programme at the country level and ensuring the smooth transition of government owned programme
- Provide project management support to school feeding programme to ensure the various activities performed within the established targets and procedures.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis related to school feeding programme and highlight issues ensuring deliverables adhere to MoE and corporate standards
9. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data on school feeding and consistency of information presented to WFP, government and stakeholders
10. Liaise with external and internal counterparts to support school feeding collaboration, implementation and monitoring of emergency school feeding activities.
11. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems in the emergency school feeding programme within a specific technical area of responsibility
12. Support the SFP is properly linked with the cooperative unions and benefited the smallholders
13. Advise the SIP Directorate at MoE to enable government led school meal programme agenda are incorporate in education sector plan and implement at scale
14. Participate and support the multi sectoral coordination and engagement them for SCHOOL FEEDING programme
15. Support the regions ensure school feeding programme implementation as per the agreed plan and standards
16. Identify gaps and challenges on school feeding area and provide support to improve the any programme operation related issues
17. Regularly monitor, update & track data related to school feeding, commodity pipelines, follow timely delivery of commodities & ensure school utilization report produced on time.
18. Identify capacity gap at the federal, region and district level and provide training to enhance the capacity of government staff and stakeholders
19. Participate in emergency school feeding issues at national level, advice, update the management regularly, and advocate the ESF agenda to get funded by the government, donnors and stakeholders
20. Work with government, private sectors and other key stakeholders increase their engagement to support the programme
21. Ensure satisfactorily any additional duties, as required by the supervisor
Education: Completion of University Degree in the related functional area.
Experience 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in programme operations related. Experience working on capacity building and technical assistance to the government at federal Ministry of Education (MoE) level preferably in emergency school feeding programme has added advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Amharic required.