Programming Assistant: Ethiopia Organizational Development Activity
Reports to: Chief of Party
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to create dramatic improvements in the performance of organizations and programs working to enhance the social and economic well-being of people around the world. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Project Description :
SI is implementing a two-year USAID-funded Ethiopia Organizational Development Activity (ODA). ODA’s goal is to provide continued support of the Mission’s Organizational Objectives of creating Mission of Leaders and support the Leadership Behavior Charter established by the Mission to include design and facilitation of both Mission-wide and team-centric events and activities; data collection and analysis of leadership values, behaviors, and goals; and individual, team, and executive coaching services.
SI is seeking a full-time Programming Assistant to provide operational and office support for the USAID-funded Ethiopia ODA.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Ethiopian citizens will be considered. **
- Support Finance and Administration Manager with daily administrative points;
- Prepare routine daily financial transactions and gather supporting documentation;
- Assist with logistics and planning for workshops and other event facilitation;
- Coordinate knowledge management systems, maintaining records and files in an organized fashion;
- Support with procurement of goods and services;
- Enforce office visitor protocols;
- Ensure office is stocked with office supplies;
- Coordinate meetings and scheduling;
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, securing visas, etc.;
- Assist with programmatic data entry as needed;
- Oversee the cleanliness and general maintenance of the office;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma required, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public
- 1-2 years administrative management experience with international projects
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate in English effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality in day-to-day work
- Ability to establish, maintain, and prepare records and reports
- Computer skills, including use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word programs
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with staff and consultants from a variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
Deadline for submission: Monday, June 14, 2021.