Position: Project Assistant/Engineering Assistant
Project: REACH Project-Oromia-Jimma
Reports to: Project Manager/Technical Lead
Purpose of the Job
Under the supervision of the Engineering unit, in collaboration with other technical team, WASH Project Assistant /Engineer will contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting for the WASH construction activities in REACH project.
· Ensure WASH infrastructures to be maintained/constructed are the need of the community
· Facilitate WASH Facilities audit and assessment to decide infrastructures maintained/constructed
· Maintain, for the duration of contract period, signed copies of contract agreement, technical specifications, bill of quantities, drawings and other referenced standards
· Inspecting all works done and materials used to make sure that the contractor has complied with the contract specifications
· Review regularly construction progress schedule and alerting the contractor of possible delays and consequences
· Considering an devaluating suggestions and recommendations which may be submitted by the contractor and reporting them with recommendations to the engineering unit head
· Maintain orderly files of correspondences, minutes of site meetings, change orders, measurement sheets, and copies of payment certificates.
· Facilitate strong community platforms, integrate to other staffs and government partners to have strong WASH committees to sustain facilities
· Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual detail implementation work plan in collaboration with project officers
- Make sure the plan is in line with the plan of engineering unit and get approval in every quarter/year
- Facilitate WASH construction assessment and feasibility study as needed
- Ensure and follow WASH construction quality of work in consultation with engineering unit.
- Collecting required information from partners
- Get approval the availability of resources to implement activities from the budget holder
- Carry out necessary discussion to facilitate the implementation with stakeholders and partners
- Conduct need assessment in implementation area and provide response based on the gap
- Identifying and selecting target beneficiaries in collaboration with partners
- Collecting and compiling periodic reports
- Conduct monthly and quarterly review meeting with stakeholders
- Prepare work plan, cash advance and finance document to facilitate day to day activities at the ground
- Work with the program accountant, M & E officer, and project officers to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in resource utilization
- Organize and participate in review meetings, forums with partners
- Gather, compile and disseminate case stories from the field
- Effectively utilize the Amref information management system, HR information system and other knowledge management platforms
- Actively involved in organizing & facilitating the WASH Leverage activities with communities & partners
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- First Degree in Engineering (Water/Civil engineer), at list three years’ experience
- Diploma in Engineering/construction at list 5 years in related area(WASH)
- Good in team spirit and Organizational rule and regulation
- Familiarity with the government health system
- NGO experience is an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication & writing skills in both Afan Oromo & English
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft & AUTOCAD
- In addition, the ideal candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving and networking skills.
- Be a team player and communicator and work under minimal supervision.
Terms of employment:
Duty Station: Jimma
Required number : - 1
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/project-assistant-engineering-assistant/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be July 28, 2022 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.