VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty. Our programmes focus on the areas of health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The role has a responsibility to coordinate and follow up the smooth implementation of the integrated emergency response for IDP communities of Gumbi Bordode and Meiso weredas in west Hararge zone of Oromia region on a day-to-day basis and to contribute to the delivery of the project at the quality and outcome desired and as per the time and budget specifications.
Number of posts : 1
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- University degree in Economics, Development studies, Public Health or in any other related field of studies.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience managing humanitarian projects particularly emergency responses in result oriented work environment.
- Knowledgeable in Ethiopian emergency response system and programme management .
- Proven project management experience which includes project designing, implementation, coordination,budget management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and crisis management skills.
- Experience in coordinating and supporting local level assessments, surveys and other studies and assist proposal development.
- Effective team leadership with strong commitment to excellence.
- Strong communication skill, flexibility, and integrity.
- Strong command of the English language both oral and written.
- Satisfactory knowledge of the local context of the project implementation area.
- High level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Internet).
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or on-line, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.