Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director
Employment type: Full-time
- We are looking for several Project Directors to support the CDC RFA- Enhancing Global Health Security: Strengthening Public Health Surveillance Systems and Preparedness Globally CDC-RFA-GH21-2174. This NOFO is intended to support global health security partners to develop or continue the implementation of surveillance activities that focus on protecting and improving public health globally through strategic planning, policy, strengthening surveillance capacities and systems through partnerships.
- The Project Director for each target country will be responsible for high-level representation in-country and communication with the CDC, the MOH, and other stakeholders to effectively implement the project to achieve the short-term outcomes of the project.
- This position will coordinate all program activities and facilitate coordination and collaboration of the program with national stakeholders to ensure country ownership and alignment.
- The PD will provide TA to identify all relevant components of the county’s disease surveillance network and improve coordination, collaboration and timely flow of data and facilitate discussion of solutions to improve data flow efficiencies.
- The PD will coordinate trainings and meetings, provide feedback and technical assistance, and strive to achieve standardized implementation activities that compose the country’s disease surveillance network.
- Other responsibilities include to hire other key staff and to provide mentorship to non-key staff, to finalize work plans, and ensure work plans are feasible based on the budget and consistent with the intent of the award; ensure that the program is performing at a sufficient level to achieve outcomes within stated timeframes; adjust the work plan based on achievement of outcomes, organize regular calls with CDC and MOH to monitor project implementation progress; organize regular calls and meetings with CDC to assess expenditure in relations to approved 1.work plans and modify as necessary. Lead, manage and supervise the country-level project team .
Code of Conduct
- It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability and transparency
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree with at least 10 years’ experience designing and leading high-level efforts to prevent, respond to and mitigate outbreaks of highly transmissible communicable diseases to prevent epidemics and pandemics.
- Experience designing disease surveillance systems and developing measurement tools for impact.
- Strong knowledge base in guiding frameworks that include the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), International Health Regulations (IHR), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and others that support and align efforts to prepare for and prevent disease outbreaks and conditions that increase the burden of morbidity and mortality.
- Ability to convene stakeholders, facilitate consensus, and innovate change on issues that represent a wide spectrum of equities and interests.
- Recognized global health authority with deep experience working with senior-level government officials, multilateral organizations, international subject matter experts, and leaders in medicine, public health, hospitals, microbiology, laboratory, military – civilian coordination, safety and security, and others who support the aims and strategies of global health security.
- Experience innovating, designing, planning, and providing technical assistance with the aim of implementing collaborative programs to detect, identify, prevent, respond to, and mitigate outbreaks of novel diseases and conditions.
- Strong skills of diplomacy, communication, consensus-building, facilitating diversity of thought, and the ability to represent with trust and fidelity all involved relevant parties.
- Outstanding skills building, managing, and leading multidisciplinary teams, mentoring and coaching personnel, developing performance, and aligning efforts towards goals and achieving on-time deliverables. Experienced taking corrective personnel actions as needed in consultation with supervisory staff.
- Ability to travel ___ % time.
- Language skills and time-in-country/region a plus.
- Experience working with WHO, CDC and CDC-grant initiatives preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form and must be able to travel internationally.
- Project HOPE employees may be required to travel or work in countries where working conditions are classified as “hardship.”
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
- Emergency deployments may be in resource-deprived environments with austere living conditions.
- Travel for extended periods may be by air and/or other modes of transportation.
- While international travel is not a regular part of every job, programmatic needs may require it intermittently.
- Project HOPE employees may be required to travel or work in countries where working conditions are classified as “hardship.
- Due to the large number of inquiries, we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be considered. No phone calls please.
- However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.