The Inter-Religious Council of Ethiopia (IRCE) was established in 2010 with the goal of bringing together all religious leaders by joining hands and hearts around common interests at the national and sovereign level. It has a membership of seven major religious denominations in Ethiopia and is certified by the Ministry of Federal Affairs of Ethiopia, and is represented at the federal, regional and district levels. IRCE’s vision in Ethiopia is to develop religious freedom and equality based on peace, love and tolerance, which will be mutually beneficial to all. IRCE is a nonprofit faith based organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
IRCE currently implements peace building and conflict resolution and harm full traditional practice prevention projects through support of various donor organizations. Its staffs have expertise in in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
Our organization has been awarded a grant by USAID Ethiopia to implement PEPFAR’s Faith-based Retention and Adherence Initiative for one year. The grant intends to strengthen organizational capacity by the recipient and, concurrently, deliver strategic HIV advocacy, communication and social mobilization (ACSM) to faith-based audiences in close collaboration with the Government of Ethiopia in PEPFAR geographic areas of focus.
IRCE seeks to recruit qualified experts for the implementation of this USAID funded project.
The Project Finance Officer performs a variety of professional accounting functions involving project budget development, fiscal interpretation and analysis, reconciliations, reviews of accounts and transactions, management of pre- and post-award accounting and reporting, and monitoring compliance with required deliverables.
Roles and Responsibilities.
- Develop, prepare, and finalize proposal budgets, and provide budget justification. Review and approve expenditures, advise on post-award spending and commitment activity, and oversee compliance related to fund and revenue.
- Compile information and documents needed for audit inquiries.
- Develop and communicate reports supporting project status; create effective forecasting and decision aides.
- Serve as a resource on grant administration and overall technical resource to project director and other staff.
- Ensure grants are set up properly and any cost-sharing requirements are fulfilled.
- Assist in the preparation of the administrative components of proposals within parameters of funder guidelines.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvements.
- Responsible for grant closeout; submit final reports and certificates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with different stakeholders.
- BA degree in accounting or other related fields; 3-5 years of experience with donor funded grant administration.
- Strong accounting skills; knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Competency in project management.
- Demonstrated technical skills with MS Office (advanced Excel and Word skills) and other Advance Web Access programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Ability to review a proposal or manage a project with understanding of the overall scope and goal of each sponsored project.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to [email protected]
Any questions and requests for clarifications may be sent, [email protected]