About CRS : “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following positions;
|Position Title:||Project Officer- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)|
|Duty Station:||Dire Dawa (1) and Shashemene (1)|
|Employment term:||Indefinite term contingent upon funding of the DFSA program|
|Reports to:||Senior Project Officer – DFSA MEAL|
|Application Deadline||April 03, 2020|
As a member of the DFSA MEAL team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your service-oriented approach and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will play a critical role in supporting partner staff and primary stakeholders for managing and implementation of CRS’ DFSA M&E system
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, USAID – Food for Peace (FFP) requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Support partners to conduct reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data.
- Conduct data quality assurance on project activity monitoring data and information collection at the field level working closely with field staff.
- Support partners in quality data collection and management processes at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures.
- Collect information on staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities per agency and donor requirements. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Education and Experience
- MA/MSc or BA/BSc Degree in related field of study with 2 years relevant experience for MA/MSc or 4 years for BA/BSc Degree
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data
- Experience in routine and periodic data collection of large scale/complex survey, studies and assessments
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement
- Experience in using statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA or R
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgement
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by April 03, 2020 up to 5:00 PM , late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for written exam/interview.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer