Through its Improving Primary Health Care Service Delivery (IPHCSD) program, Amref will work to strengthen the functionality of and bi-directional linkage across Ethiopia's primary health care delivery platforms—HP to health center to primary hospital—for improved RMNCH-N outcomes. More focus will be given on approaches that contribute to ensuring equitable access to and utilization of essential health services, improving the quality of essential health services, and strengthening oversight and accountability.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit a Project Officer for its Primary Health Care Service Delivery (IPHCSD) program which will be operation Oromia Region. The job holders will be based in Pastoralist Zone of Oromia Region and have frequent field visits and reports to IPHCSD Program Manager.
2. Job Overview
Under the direct supervision of PHC Program Manager, the Project Officer is responsible to the overall project intervention in the region/zone and is accountable to the delivery of set results. S/he engage in the project planning, implementation, reporting, and provide technical support to project assistant; the target zonal/ woredas, HFs and communities. S/he works with M&E team to coordinate the monitoring and evaluation activities of projects and participates in operational research, knowledge management, concept note development and ensures the quality of the project intervention.
3. Specifics Roles and Responsibilities
3.1 Program Implementation (LOE-65%)
1. Lead and oversee the overall project implementation and provide technical backup support to project assistant and partners in all PHC service delivery related technical areas
2. Prepare periodical activity and budget plans and submit to program manager with the required format
3. Engage in the project implementation work and ensure results are delivered as per set plan
4. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project procurement plans with project assistants and raise purchase requisition
5. Compile and submit periodic internal, government and donor reports: monitor and report on relevant activities and outcome/impact and submit to M &E and program manager
6. Provide technical assistance to project assistants in accomplishing planned activities
7. Conduct regular meeting with project team and government and other relevant stakeholders
8. Organize and facilitate project relevant workshops, trainings, post training-follow up, mentorship and coaching
9. Facilitate, participate and represent Amref/the project in meeting and workshops to ensure strong partnership and collaboration at all level
10. Participate in the development of program/primary health care service delivery/ intervention model/manual
11. In collaboration with project staffs boost the quality implementation of the project activities as per the project objectives and operational plans. Coordinate and conduct integrated/joint supportive supervision to HC-HP and communities and document findings and recommendations of field visits for follow-up action.
3.2 Monitoring and Evaluation (LOE-20%)
1. Monitor the implementation of program activities on continuous basis and take feasible corrective actions based on the findings
2. Work with M&E team and provide support on the baseline, midterm and final evaluation studies
- Provide support on effective program activities data analysis and use at health facility and woreda levels
- Collaborate with other organizations and projects/programs to ensure synergy, sharing of technical resources, learning and mutual support
- Ensure supportive supervision visits, review meetings and related forums feedback is applied for continuous improvement in PHC service delivery interventions.
3.3 Program Growth/Knowledge Management (LOE-15%)
1. Engage in operational research, innovation, project idea and concept note development
2. Develop and document best practices, lessons, case stories, work films and pictures properly
3. Strengthen the capacity of the health system to effectively use management tools and implement best practices at all levels of the health system and health care delivery with a major focus at the primary care level
· Minimum of BSC Degree in Public Health / Health Science or relevant disciplines
· Trainings in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Database management etc. is preferred
2.5 Skills and Experience Requirements
· Minimum of 5-year relevant experience on Primary Health Care Service delivery
· Knowledge and experience on Ethiopia Primary Health Care System,
· Expertise in identifying and adapting best practices and success stories
· Experience of working in the duty station
· Ability to establish a strong relationship with government, community and other partners in the project operational areas
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office applications (word, excel and PowerPoint) and navigating the internet
· The candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation and networking skills.
· Should be a team player and comfortable to receive instructions.
· Experienced in developing quality plans and reports
· Working knowledge of English both writing and speaking skills is required
· Prior NGO experience is desirable
· Previous experience on Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded projects is advantageous
1. Terms of employment: 1 year with possibility of extension based on availability of fund and performance
2. Duty Station : Pastoralist Zone of Oromia Region
3. Number required : 1
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/project-officer-phc-oromia-region/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be May 13, 2022 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy