Purpose of the position:
The R2G ( Right to Grow )project Officer is responsible to plan and facilitate the full implementation and M&E of the R2G project in the sense of integrative Nutrition and WASH advocacy and communication. Provision of full technical support community level interventions and capacitate community level stakeholders Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) taskforces and partners (CSOs) and play a coordination role among public sectors, Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and available platforms are the responsibility of this position. The position holder based at Area Program (AP) level and frequently travel to community, institutions, CSOs/CBOs/FBOs offices and Woreda level signatory offices and sectors. The position holder is responsible to plan, implement and monitor project activities in the sense of integration with other Area program (AP) level interventions and public sectors.
Major Responsibilities :
PROJECT EXECUTION AND INTEGRATION
· Prepare feasible and proper monthly activity execution plan or work plan sense of effort and activity integration at lower level;
· Apply all the R2G project approaches, models and M&E In collaboration with the R2G project staffs,
· Facilitate and support different need assessments, landscape analysis and surveys or researches in R2G project intervention area;
· Plan and facilitate capacity building trainings and workshops at community and Woreda levels;
· Follow and report CSOs technical support through monitoring of government resource mobilization, allocation, and utilization processes for Nutrition and WASH Sector;
· Ensure the functionality of CVA taskforce and local CSOs through monitoring the execution of action plans at community and Woreda level;
· Support the Woreda Based Planning sessions to ensure the integration of plan and resource allocation for quality of nutrition and WASH service delivery yearly;
· Support on tools and manual development at woreda level;
· Ensure the integration of the CVA as a sustainability model into sponsorship and grant projects in WVE APs;
· Able to adapt the team work, integration and APs management styles for better execution of all grants and sponsorship for the benefit of the children and communities;
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING & EVALUATION
· Closely follow the CVA taskforce action items and identify advocacy cases/issues and document best practices
· Vigilantly plan, protect and manage project related conflict sensitivity from project inception, implementation and exist at Woreda and community level based on “the Do No Harm” tool (CDA 2001);
COLLABORATION, NETWORKING AND ADVOCACY
· Coordinate and conduct regular dialogue amongst the community representatives, CBOs, CSOs and private sectors;
· Facilitate to conduct the community-led score card, monitoring and dialogue/lobbying processes together with Local CSOs and CVA taskforce;
· Represent WVE on Woreda and Kebele levels coordination meetings and platforms like ECSC-SUN and Food and Nutrition Council agency;
· Carry out any other duties instructed by Area program (AP) and or R2G project Manager;
· BSc Degree in Public health, Environmental health and Nutrition field of studies awarded from accredited colleges and or universities;
· Master’s degree and above in advocacy and Public Policy, Development or Social Science studies/leadership, WASH and Health, At least 2 years of local and international NGO/INGO project execution in relation to public health and nutrition and WASH programs.
· Experiences related to nutrition advocacy and leadership, community rural development, knowledge management and or Livelihood led interventions could have advantage
· Nutrition advocacy and leadership, Knowledge management and any Nutrition related trainings.
Working Environment / Conditions:The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 75% of the time.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies