Job Ref No. HAI/PROG/06/2019
HelpAge International ( www.helpage.org ) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working together to ensure that older people lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives. HelpAge International’s secretariat is based in London, UK but works in 75 countries across the world through its’ 148 partners.
HelpAge has been operating in Ethiopia since 1992 and has been engaged on thematic sectors including social protection, health and wellbeing, emergency response and capacity building of partners. HelpAge International is responding to the needs of south Sudanese refugees’ influx with special focus on specific needs of older people and PWDs in Gambella region. The Global Affairs Canada (GAC) funded humanitarian response project will be implemented in Pugnido I & II focussing on Health & Nutrition and protection of older people and capacity building of humanitarian actors to ensure inclusion of older people and their specific needs in the overall refugee response and essential service delivery interventions. The project will be implemented with full engagement of older people and other persons with specific needs in refugee camps and in close consultation and coordination with ARRA, UNHCR and other humanitarian actors currently involved in various sectors of refugee responses and working in Pugnido area.
Helpage is looking for a motivated Project team leader for its refugee response coordination office in Gambella/ Pugnido I and II.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Project Team Leader is responsible for overseeing management of HelpAge’s project site office and program implementation in Pugnido I & II refugee camp(s). The Team leader serves as the official representative in these camps upholding the mission of HelpAge. The team leader ensures that all HelpAge programs in Pugnido I & II are implemented in a timely and professional manner. He/She assists the Program Coordinator for operations management including duty of care role for program staff in the field site. The ideal candidate will have reasonable experience and a proven track-record of leading a technical team in implementing emergency response programs and activities in the refugee camps, as well as possessing excellent relationship, communications, planning, monitoring and teamwork skills.
Contract Length: 1year(with possibility of extension)
Internal : Technical Sector Officers in Gambella; Humanitarian Program Manager (s), Operation staff in the field and Country Office
External: Liaison with ARRA, UNHCR, and other humanitarian actors
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage, motivate and inspire a diverse team
- At least 5-year experience in an international NGO
- Very good communication, negotiation and representational skills
- Past experience of developing collaborative partnerships with other organizations
- BA or MA in Health & Nutrition, international development, social studies, sociology, economics, psychology any other related field humanitarian response,
- A strong understanding of protection issues in conflict as well as protracted emergency setting
- A commitment to core humanitarian standards, principles, instruments, frameworks and protocols, and codes of conduct that govern humanitarian action
- Demonstrated commitment to upholding humanitarian standards and principles to vulnerable groups;
- Strong project and budget management experience, including use of planning and performance monitoring tools
- Reasonable experience of working as team leader with wide range of projects in the refugee context;
- Experience on gender analysis;
- Past experience working on projects funded by institutional donors
- Results Orientation towards own and team’s role in line with organisational priorities, decisive, passion and drive for high quality work
- Working with others , in a team environment, receiving and providing feedback, contributing to the team’s success, and managing conflicts if it occurs
- Self-Management, by demonstrating Integrity and credibility, leading by example, committed, knowledgeable and confident on the job functions
- Ability to engage, seek and provide clarity and deliver on issues that are not always clear
- Previous experience working on issue of older persons a strong advantage
- The ability to travel at very short notice period and for extended periods to difficult environments, often in very basic living conditions
How to Apply
First Download the summary format and fill out the required information carefully.
Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in subject line.
Then attach the following;
Current CV (not more than 4 pages) including three (3) professional referees
One page – cover letter highlighting job knowledge, qualification and experience.
Female meeting the minimum qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.
NB: Non-compliance to the above procedures will lead to instant rejection.
We are interested in how your skills, knowledge and experience indicate your ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements are required to submit their non-returnable application together with the summary format
HelpAge International, P.O.Box 3384, Addis Abeba OR by email address: email@example.com .