- Company: Dan Church Aid
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a legally registered international NGO engaged in development and humanitarian assistance to poor rural people in Ethiopia in partnership with Ethiopian NGOs and civil society organizations.
DCA Ethiopia is looking for a competent purchaser for its field office in Gambella. The purchaser is responsible for clerical purchasing activity of DCA Gambella field office measured by DCA Procurement Objectives and Goals.
Main tasks of the position:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Admin and Finance Coordinator, in Gambella, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the clerical purchasing activity of DCA Gambella Field Office measured by DCA Procurement Objectives and Goals (Value Sourcing and Value for Money, Availability and Quality assurance and Timely delivery of items)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out purchasing functions within Gambella Field Office, including Quotation Collection, distribute request for quotation or Request for proposals, follow the delivery of items and ensure their delivery as per the terms and Conditions in the Purchase Order.
- Responsible for collecting quotations for all items from potential suppliers.
- Receives requests for goods and services (requisitions) and ensures their completeness/compliance before they are processed.
- Collection/delivery of goods, including adequate record keeping and regular updating of procurement tracker.
- Ensure timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified locations and proactively liaise with relevant managers to clarify relevant specifications
- Responsible to handover all the purchased materials to DCA Gambella FO Storekeeper.
- Responsible to ensure materials delivered to DCA fulfils the specification stated in the purchase Order.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information to English language before approval.
- Responsible to regularly update supplier’s and price database.
- Responsible to provide information to line manager and procurement Committee on the inclusion of new suppliers and changes in the market condition.
- Conduct purchases as per the DCA procurement guidelines and Ethical standards.
- Responsible to maintain copy of purchase documents for reference and procurement audit purpose.
- Responsible for customs clearance as required.
- Responsible for the issuance and follow-up of duty-free importation permission process as required.
- Jointly responsible to ensure safe delivery of materials procured by DCA Addis Office.
Vacancy Number: Vacancy number: DCA-ETH/VA-004/2021
Type of Contract: One year with extension probability based on performance and funding
Reporting to: Finance and Admin coordinator
Key Qualifications / Experience:
- BA Degree in procurement and Supply Management or logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or related field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of three years of experience in similar Positions
Technical & Other Skills
- Professional Experience in the field of Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain and other related fields;
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with donors, governmental authorities, and INGOs;
- Good level of computer literacy, including database applications;
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
- Working experience in the region is an asset;
- Experience within the International Humanitarian Field and within the organizations of the INGO and UN Common System.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of a local language is an advantage.