HANZ Consulting is a research and evaluation firm based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We endeavor to be the most trusted source of data, evidences, insights and strategy through evaluative thinking to inform better decision and actions. We perform evidence generation through multiple approaches, methods and theoretical frameworks to help policy makers, organizations and programs make evidence-based and informed decisions that help achieve intended goals. HANZ provides access to highly qualified experts and consultants with national and international experiences.
HANZ Consulting is currently recruiting for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) funded private health sector evaluation project in Ethiopia. The project conducts an evaluation of the role and the potential of the private health sector in Ethiopia to increase access to family planning services. The position holders will closely work with HANZ team and Senior Consultants.
Major duties & responsibilities
- Review documents as part of literature review and prepare a summary report of the literature review;
- Participate in the evaluation team planning meetings and other preparation meetings and provide input in finalizing the qualitative data collection instruments;
- Internalize the interview/discussion guides which will be used to conduct Key Informant Interviews (KIIs), focus group discussions and case studies.
- Support the data collection process including allocation of tasks to team members and ensuring the quality of collected data;
- Conduct Key informant interviewees with respondents, focus groups discussions;
- Transcribe interviews and translate the transcribed documents from local languages into English;
- Provide leadership to the Qualitative team in categorizing and coding the entire dataset;
- Work with the evaluation team to analyze KIIs and case studies.
- Draft the qualitative sections the evaluation report;
- Work closely with the Senior Evaluation team members to ensure the completeness of the data
- Contribute to the finalization the evaluation report;
- Support the preparation of codebook, coding of the qualitative data;
- All recorded interviews in soft copy (audio)
- Transcribed interviews in local languages
- Translated documents of key informant interviews and FGDs in English
- Coded data together with the codebook
- Signed informed consent forms by the key informants;
- Field notes that contain field observation, challenges, solutions were taken and recommendations for similar future exercises
Qualification & Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, behavioral science, social science
- Extensive experience – at least 7 years- in designing and implementing qualitative research;
- Experience in program evaluation
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in using qualitative data analysis software (e.g., NVivo, ATLAS.ti)
How to Apply
- All applicants should submit their CV and cover letter.
- Licensed applicants should be able to present renewed business license and TIN certificate.
- If license is not submitted 30% withholding tax will be deducted from the total fee. For those with license 2% withholding tax will be deducted from the total fee.
- Please note applicants not fulfilling the requirement will not be considered.
Interested applicants should send their CV and academic credential using the bellow address or submit in person.
HANZ CONSULTING PLC
Nifas Silk Lafto sub city, Bisrate Gebriel next to Adot cinema, The Children’s heart fund of Ethiopian building, second floor .
Or Email us: [email protected] or
Note: Use ''Qualitative Data Analyst" as the subject line of your email!