JOB TITLE: Qualitative Research Advisor for Immunization and COVID-19 Survey
LOCATION: Country Office, Addis Ababa
REQUIRED NUMBER: 1
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for 3 Months
POSITION SUMMARY :
Under the supervision of the Survey Coordinator for Immunization and COVID-19 Survey, and in close collaboration with the technical working group (TWG), the Qualitative Research Advisor will support all aspects of qualitative data collection over the course of the project, including interviewing, recording, transcription, analysis, synthesis, and report writing. S/he will assist with the training, and supervision of qualitative data collectors, extract secondary data from health facilities, and support and coordinate with the qualitative data collection process.
· Provide overall day to day field coordination and management to ensure field activities are well coordinated and implemented as planned
- Provide technical support to qualitative data collectors and ensure the rollout and maintenance of high quality qualitative data collection, transcription and reporting;
- Assist with recruiting, training and supervision of field staff and assist with training and capacity building
- Ensure team members adhere to COVID-19 mitigation strategies at all times
- Work with the COVID-19 focal person & Central Coordinator to coordinate to COVID-19 mitigation strategies
- Analysis of qualitative data in collaboration with the team at ICAP.
- Through this analysis, build the capacity for the ICAP team in methods for analyzing qualitative data including any appropriate software.
- Prepare interview questions and summarize results.
- Perform literature reviews.
- Assist in integration of the qualitative analysis with the quantitative analysis into a final report.
· Write a draft TPM report and submit for internal review to survey team
· Address any comments merging from the survey team review process.
- Prepare progress and other reports and study documents
- Assume other responsibilities that are relevant to the position and which might emerge in the course of program implementation
- Perform other duties, as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- MPH/MSc in health related field of study
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION
- Seven years of experience, mostly in qualitative research
- Excellent computer skills (using different soft wares and applications)
- Extensive knowledge of qualitative data analysis and appropriate software
- Experience of training/ capacity building in the area of qualitative analysis
- Strong research background in public health or similar, preferable child health
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian health care system
- Experienced in data management and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Travelling in Oromia and Addis Ababa
How to Apply
- Only online applications are received
- Click here to apply https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/495495/qualitative-research-advisor-for-immunization-and-covid19-survey
- NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Closing date for receiving applications is -09.12.2021