Under direct supervision of Radiology Head, employee performs a wide range of procedures including: doing assessment, explanation of the procedure, perform a range of radiologic examination and does related work as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Asses patients and their clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques;
- Explain all diagnostic procedures (X-ray, Mammography, CT-Scan, MRI….) to patients, help them remove jewelry or other items which may interfere with a good scan and position the patient correctly for the diagnostic procedure;
- Prepare patient for special procedure and examination;
- Move disabled patients from wheelchairs onto examination tables and position them for imaging;
- Place protective shields on or around the patient to protect him from any stray radiation and administer any drugs or chemical mixtures needed for the X-ray or diagnostic scan;
- Set up X-ray equipment, position it correctly and perform the actual scan;
- Position patients for each anatomical view using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary. Instructing the patients to undergo the appropriate positions to get accurate images;
- Perform a range of radiographic examinations on patients to produce high-quality images;
- Operates a magnetic resonance scanner to obtain images used by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies;
- Obtain CT examination of any area requested by radiology or physician;
- Inform to Technologist/ radiologist if the patient has history of allergy before giving ionic contrast media;
- Check renal function test of a patient which requested for IVU and CT with Contrast examination;
- Observe and maintain contact with patients during their waiting, examination and post-examination stay in the department;
- Obtaining images for any areas requested by the physician or radiologist;
- Assist in more complex radiological examinations working with radiologists and doctors and surgeons;
- Provide support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs;
- Record imaging identification and observe protocols to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and patient confidentiality;
- Keeping track of patient records and results;
- Understand and observe health and safety at work and welfare issues, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect yourself and others;
- Ensure that equipment is regularly checked for malfunctions and any faults are reported. Keeping radiographic equipment in quality working order;
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Assign duties to radiologic staff to maintain patient flows and achieve production goals.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- BSC Degree in Radiography with professional renewed license as a Medical Radiology Technologist approved by Food, Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia.
- Experience is not required.
How to Apply
- Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and updated CV (without any supporting documents at this stage) via [email protected], [email protected] and/or
- Please mention the specific position you are applying for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
- Due to the large volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.