Internal/External Job Announcements
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following positions.
Project Officer Commodity Compliance
12 Months contract renewable based on availability of funds
Senior Project Officer Commodity Compliance
As a member of the JEOP Commodity Compliance project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
· Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
· Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· MA/MSC Degree in related field of study with 2 years’ relevant experience for MA or 4 years relevant experience for BA degree
· Experience in the field of Commodity Compliance and for an NGO would be a plus.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language : – English. Tigrigna is advantageous
Travel Required: Extensive field travel to partner activity sites for up to 50% of work time.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: No supervisory responsibility
Internal: Works closely and collaborates with Field Officers and Project Officers.
External: Collaborates with counterparts from implementing partner and government stakeholders.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth